Monday, March 26, 2012

Try a New Recipe Tuesday

Today I am going to be sharing my recipe for Chocolate Chip Pound Cake.  I will also include the frosting recipe.  It is just as good without the frosting.  We have also made it just sprinkled with some Confectioners' Sugar.  :-)

Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
1 cup butter (2 sticks) softened
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla (I use a bit more)
3 cups flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 cup milk
1 cup chocolate chips

Peanut butter and chocolate frosting
1/3 cup peanut butter
rest of the bag of chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Grease and flour bundt pan or use non-stick spray containing flour.  In large mixing bowl, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy.  Add eggs one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition. 

Mix flour, baking soda and powder together.  Add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning with beginning and ending with flour.  Be sure to beat until the flour totally disappears before adding milk and vice versa.  Fold in one cup chocolate chips. 

Bake for 65 minutes or until lightly brown with toothpick coming out clean after being inserting in the center of the cake.

For frosting:  combine chocolate chips and peanut butter.  Microwave on 50% power for 2 minutes; remove and stir until smooth; spoon over cake.  Enjoy!  :-)




Now it's your turn!  :-)  I look forward each week to the new different and delicious recipes to try! 


I am also linking up with Kidz in the Kitchen today!

13 comments:

Dawn said...

Will have to try this...sounds yummy!

Rebecca said...

Peanut butter - yummy! Just made our Peanutbutter/chocolate chip oatmeal bake for breakfast!

Unknown said...

This cake looks so delicious Lisa! I like anything with chocolate in it!:) Thanks for sharing this recipe. Take care and have a wonderful Tuesday.

Anonymous said...

great photos! looks yummy!! My husband LOVES peanut butter!

Jen said...

Thanks for stopping by! This cake looks so delicious!!! Would love to try this one.

Carrie said...

This sounds and looks SO good! Thank you so much for sharing and linking up with Kelli and I at Kids in the Kitchen. I just love seeing your photos and how your kids are such wonderful helpers and amazing cooks! I look forward to seeing what you and your family make each week! Thanks and see you next time! :)Carrie @ younglivingoillady.com

Unknown said...

Seriously YUMMY!! I so need to try that :)

Karen said...

Chocolate Chip Pound Cake!!?? Oh my. We LOVE peanut butter. :) I love reading all the recipes everyone links.

Michelle @ Changed By The Maker said...

Peanut butter and chocolate chips are my weakness...okay, I have a few others, but that one is at the top of my list! I made a recipe tonight, and I thought about posting it, but maybe not too many people would want to eat it -- Rainbow Roasted Veggies with couscous. My Oliver REALLY didn't like it! Maybe I'll have something worthwhile to contribute to next week's link-up! Have a great week, Lisa!

Happy Whimsical Hearts said...

I'm new to peanut butter and chocolate but it is fast becoming a favourite!

Nikki @ Simplystriving said...

chocolate and peanut butter...can't go wrong!

Julie said...

Thank you for participating in Show Your Stuff Blog Hop, You are invited to come back:
http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/03/seafood-crab-salad-show-your-stuff-17.html

Unknown said...

Y'all do such a good job in the kitchen together! Thanks for linking up with Kids in the Kitchen! happy to have you - see you again soon:)