Thursday, March 1, 2012

Thankful Thursday- March 1

I am linking up with Theresa at Red Oak Lane today for her Thankful Thursday link-up.  Come over and share something for which you are grateful for today.

Every week, I enjoy writing this post..  I enjoy reading the gratitude-filled posts of others.  Many times, these individuals, amidst trials and suffering, find much to thank God for.  It is inspiring.

This week, I am especially thankful for my kids' creativity.  This past week, Kiddo #4 made a Powerpoint presentation summarizing our science lesson on bears from that day.  I was really impressed, that at her age, she had the knowledge and interest to do this.  I am grateful to my older sons, who took the time to teach their sister some of the basics of Power Point.



Kiddos #2 and #3 make presentations almost daily.  They incorporate school work, make "family game night" entertainment or just make something fun to end our evenings.  The animations and effects are amazing.  I cannot even begin to figure out how they do it!  :-)



And, of course, I cannot forget Kiddo #1, who, when he isn't baking us a delicious pastry in the kitchen, is building and flying monstrous aircraft.  That kid can turn anything into an airplane!  :-)


I am so glad that our home and homeschool is a place where their creativity is not squashed, but encouraged and cherished.

9 comments:

Carrie said...

Awesome talent using Power Point! Who knows - your sons may be the next generation film animators!

Nikki @ Simplystriving said...

Amazing! I am with you, Lisa, I have no idea how they do all that! I'm not even good at making pastries ;)

I love how you find delight in your children every week. They are so blessed to have you as their biggest cheerleader!

All for Him,
Nikki

Unknown said...

GIRL!! I love it! Can I borrow your boys for a few days so they can totally teach Ken and I how to do anything with technology?

Unknown said...

Yes! it is awesome what a little nurturing instead of spirit killing government run institutions have to offer (whoops- did I say that out loud?)

Louanne said...

That is SO FUN!!!!!!

(visiting from Red Oak)

Aloha Acres said...

Lisa, I can't find an email address for you. Please email me at plexuscheryl@ymail.com and I'll give you more info about the Plexus product. I'm very excited to share with you.

Mrs. Nerdy said...

What a great idea for Power Point!! Now, if only I knew the first thing how to work it, HA!

Your kids are amazing!! Have a good weekend friend.

Anonymous said...

I need to get Power Point! Looks like such a great program!! I am so impressed!! thank you for linking up!

MomLaur said...

WOW ! Power point! I think that will be a class for daddy to teach :D Great stuff from this week!