I also want to take a moment to thank all of you that emailed or commented with concern about Kiddo #2 after he collapsed last week. My husband and I have heartfelt gratitude for all of the prayers. There aren't words to express how happy we are that Kiddo's condition is treatable. He will be monitored closely by his cardiologist at CHOP (Children's Hospital of Philadelphia), who was very thorough and took a lot of time with us.
In my life/homeschool this week: Friday night was an awesome family type of night with clay and bead making, etc. You can read all about it here and see some photos.
On Saturday, Kiddo #1 enjoyed taking out his new plane that was all finished up last week.
On Sunday, after Church, Kiddo #4 helped me bake some cookies since her dad and I had our weekly faith sharing meeting that night. Being a part of that group has been such a tremendous blessing to my husband and I. We are so lucky to have found such a devout and vibrant church family.
Monday was the feast day of St. Joseph. St. Patrick's Day gets the most press, lol, but how can we forget about St. Joseph? The kiddos made their dad a card, as the saint is truly an example and patron to husbands and fathers. As I wrote on the front of the card: "St. Joseph was given the daunting task of being the husband to the woman chosen to be the mother of the Messiah, and the foster father of the Christ Child. He was a man of faith who had to grapple greatly with the profound mysteries of the divine conception, virgin birth and the Incarnation of the Son of God, and the incredible challenges of protecting and raising Jesus admist the threats on His life from the moment of His birth and beyond. What an amazing example for fathers and husbands of strength, dignity, hard-work, love, obedience and faith."
Monday afternoon had everyone having their respective music lessons.
On Tuesday, after our academics were all done, the kiddos had their weekly bowling league. I enjoy seeing their skills improve each week. This past weekend, hubby and I purchased soil for our garden and on Tuesday afternoon after bowling, the kids emptied all 10 bags and leveled it all out! They did such a great job. We were so proud of them. After that, we took the van to the car wash where the kids vacuumed it all out. I posted all about it here with some more photos.
I also posted by weekly recipe linkup on Tuesday. To see all of the delicious submissions or to add one of your own, you can click here.
On Wednesday, we took a much needed mental-health day and went to the commissary and exchange to get some food and clothing shopping done. The kids were very helpful and we all enjoyed having lunch together on the base, as well. :-)
Other than the regular academics, Thursday had Kiddo #4 taking her sewing lesson. Her pajamas are almost finished. She came right home and started working on her second hem. She wants to wear them Friday night, for sure!
What is working: Especially with the weather getting so warm, the outside activities, like the gardening, are just what the teacher orders for happy and eager students. They will gladly get their work done if they are able to be outside, do a fun, but productive task, to use their bottled-up spring-fever energy! :-)
What we're reading: We are continuing with our Lenten journey books, which are very good.
Who I'm praying for: We have friends who have lost their jobs, have illnesses or have family members with medical problems. I also continue to pray that our right to freedom of religion and conscience will be preserved. I could not forget all of the children we saw at the hospital when there last week. It is a very humbling experience walking those halls and seeing children with terminal illnesses or chronic problems. You never leave a place like that without being changed.....
A quote or photo to share: There are several AWESOME ones I have to share this week:
"Can the liberties of a nation be sure when we remove their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people, that these liberties are a gift from God?-- Thomas Jefferson
"Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God."-- Thomas Jefferson
"Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master."--Dwight D. Eisenhower
"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers."
Thomas Jefferson
Thomas Jefferson
I am linking up today with the Homeschool Mother's Journal and Weekly Wrap-Up. Come over and share about your week! :-)

11 comments:
So happy to hear that your sons condition is treatable and all will be well.
Once again, you are inspiring to this homeschool Mama. :) I love how much your family does together.
Have a beautiful weekend.
Such a lovely week! I always enjoy your weekly posts, it's wonderful to see a family who truely enjoys spending time together!!
That first quote is my favorite! Thanks for sharing.
I loved reading your post and seeing the photos and reading about your fun family night :) But I think - WOW- you just took me back in time...the Pastor of the church where I went to Catholic School was Father Joe and we used to put on an elaborate play for his Feast Day and you know, I was a kid then and I never realized it was in March. I guess...it's been over 25 years!! WOW! Thanks for that memory jog!
Glad your son has a good doctor. And I hope your daughter is sleeping in her pjs tonight. Looks like you had a full and busy week---we're also enjoying our spring weather.
I love the comment by Jefferson about reading newspapers! Gave me a good chuckle because it rings true today! So pleased to hear that your son's condition is treatable. I've been blessed that we haven't had to visit a children's hospital - must be heart-wrenching to see the sick babes. Your daughter's sewing lesson reminds me of my oldest - her aunt gave her a new Singer and she spends a lot of time making pillows :) She'll have to teach me! Blessings, Lisa!
Great week Lisa! I LOVE the plane. How cool. I love reading your wrap-ups. Isn't it awesome to see all the great things you did? We have Spring Fever here too...Keilee is not loving doing her work, she wants to be outside!
Love your quotes..I'm a quote kinda girl you know. :)
Wow! Cool plane. I won't be letting my hubby see that. He's already crashed 4 helicopters and I don't want him running out for a plane to crash. LOL
Wonderful week!
Popping in from HSMJ
My son would LOVE the plane! Very nice.
I enjoyed reading about your week--and the pictures, too!
I love seeing your photos and reading your wrap-up each week. I think it's because you do so much together as a family and seem to love every minute of it! Have a great week:)
I forgot to add that I am so glad that your son is okay!!
Post a Comment