Monday, March 5, 2012

Make Life Meaningful Monday

This past Friday, I promised myself I would do something spontaneous with the kids.  After math and other subjects were completed, I headed with the kids to the library.  I LOVE the library!  I remember as a kid having no problem plopping down in a chair with a book and just delving in!

It is such an expression of each of their interests when they are allowed to choose their own books.  Kiddo #4 picked out books on pigs (remember her favorite stuffed friend "Pigie?") and lions (since the animals we are working on in her science are the big cats), Kiddo #3 selected elephant books (he loves anything elephant), Kiddo #2 selected books on dinosaurs and sea life (his favorite are octopus and squid) and Kiddo #1 chose airplanes.  The Clifford book, as cute as it was, didn't belong to us.  It just happened to be on the table.  :-)




 
Spending time together is the most meaningful part of everyday to me, but I found a way to make this an educationally meaningful day, as well, lol! (always a homeschooling mama!)  The kiddos were given a choice to make either a written report or a Power Point presentation on their books.  I can't wait to see what they come up with!  :-)

I am linking up today with Michelle at Changed by the Maker for her Make Life Meaningful Monday linkup.  Come over and share how your day was made more meaningful!

3 comments:

Michelle @ Changed By The Maker said...

Oh my gosh! We LOVE the library!!! I use it all the time for planning my KONOS units, but the boys also consider it their 2nd home! They are always delighted when I mention the library.

I am interested in teaching my boys how to do the power point presentation. The thing is, I have no idea how to do it! Can you point me in the right direction so that I can learn it and then teach it to the kids? THANKS Lisa! Have a super week!

Unknown said...

How fun! We love the library, although some days I think it's the train table that's the draw for my girls :)

catholicmomoftwo said...

Lisa, The picture you have on your blog of Jesus, is also my favorite. Do you know if it's possible to buy one anywhere? One that doesn't cost thousands?