On Sunday, our 12 year old son passed out cold toward the end of church. Seeing my husband rush out with his lifeless body is something I will not be forgetting anytime soon. I am so thankful for my husband's quick reflexes, saving Kiddo from hitting his head on the cold, hard floor.
I truly believe that the Lord puts angels in our midst. You see, soon after we rushed to the vestibule of the church, a man came up to us, told us he was a neurologist and offered to help. Then, out of nowhere, a woman who was an ER nurse came to the doctor's aid. It was like they set up a triage in the back of church. How wonderful that they left their own families in church to come help someone in need, someone they didn't even know. They worked methodically, yet with kindness and compassion. I am so grateful! They told us that he had a sudden drop of blood pressure. It took some time, cold compresses and some water, but he came around. By the time we got home, Kiddo #2 was back to himself and ready for his lunch. When I told him that he had Daddy and I pretty scared, he responded, "I had myself pretty scared, too, Mom." :-)
I am just so touched by the help we received, all of the phone calls from friends at church to check up on our son, and even a friend who took our daughter for the afternoon so we could concentrate on Kiddo #2.
We are going to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia today (Thursday) for a cardiac evaluation, at the advice of our pediatrician. I would appreciate your prayers! :-)
Linking up with Theresa at Red Oak Lane for Thankful Thursday.
14 comments:
We will be praying. Thank goodness help was there. What a blessing. To answer your question~ We have an AZA membership that we received when we bought a membership with our local zoo. I am sure the philly zoo must belong to this membership. So you pay once for your local zoo membership and then you can get into other zoos all over the country.
Blessings,
Dawn
Prayers for you all! I know it's a scary time, but try to remember that God has already shown you that His hand of protection is over you.
Oh my goodness, how scary! Praise the Lord for quick responders and helpers! I'll be praying for you guys today!
Oh friend!! How scary!! I'm so glad that God sent just the people that you needed right when you needed them. Praying for you -please keep me posted!!
God does put people in our lives exactly when we need them.
I know that scared you to death. I will be praying for you and your boy.
I will definitely be praying for you all. I can't fathom the anxiety you all may be feeling. I pray that God gives you all you will be needing this next week, and that answers come quickly.
I am so thankful that they were there to help!!!
prayer and prayers.
This happened to my youngest daughter on Palm Sunday...she completely passed out..eyes rolled back cool and clammy..our pedictician was sitting 1 pew behind us...she is ok now..home from college break and got her tonsils out yesterday! I will pray especially for your son tonight.
Oh my, Lisa! That had to be incredibly frightening for you and your family! Yes, God is sovereign and places all the help we need when we need it. The thought of other parishioners racing to your son's aid is very affirming to me. I'll certainly keep you close to my heart and in my prayers.
Oh wow how scary! Prayers for you and your family!!
I totally know how scary it can be!!
Take care and know that you are in the best hands ever...
God's hands.
thankful with you that he is ok! praying for a great appt!
That would be terrifying. Glad you had people there to help you! Thank God he's alright!
I am glad to hear that you got a diagnosis.
How wonderful that God put just the right people there in your church to help Jonathon!
God is good! Praise be for Him and the angels he sent to your aid. I pray all is well now.
love how God takes care of details like this, Lisa. still, so scary! glad you could get into Children's as soon as you did!
anxious to hear more updates. keep us posted as I will be praying.
all for Him,
nikki
Post a Comment