Each week, writing these posts are almost therapeutic. That, despite the craziness and "busyness," despite the ups and downs of parenthood and everyday life, we need to take the time to realize all for which we have to be grateful, all that we may take for granted. I often wonder how much beauty around me I didn't even notice because of the hectic nature of life. We are given such precious gifts each and everyday. I am doing my best to literally stop and smell the roses. I owe my children no less. I truly believe it is this appreciation, gratefulness and special times together that they will remember someday when with their own children or long after I am gone. It isn't whether you had a flawless house, it isn't if you were rich and famous, it is all about whether or not you have made a difference in the life of a child. In our world today, I truly believe it is the pursuit of the first two things that lead to the neglect of the last, the most important of all.....
In that vein, some of the "little" things this week for which I am grateful include:
carrot seeds that are beginning to sprout (and the thrilled children who see them growing everyday)
the innocence of our precious daughter whose "Pigie" helps her prepare surprise lunches for her brothers
spares, strikes or even just a pin or two knocked down at bowling (this includes the beaming pride of the one who had the great frame and the support and cheers he/she received from the other kiddos)
Sweetness such as surprise breakfasts, made beds or just a hug during prayer time by one of the kids.
The best, of course, are the unsolicited "I love yous" and the growing love for the Lord. Here is something Kiddo #4 hung up the other day:
I hope you have found something for which to be grateful this week. Come and share over at
Red Oak Lane for Thankful Thursday.
9 comments:
Little things are sometimes the best things, aren't they?!
Love, love the handmade Jesus sign! And the bowling pictures bring back a lot of memories for me! I too think it's critical to remain humble and thankful - it's truly been an awesome experience to stop and count each week! Blessings!
I've found the habit of writing this post every week really helps focus me, too. Some weeks it's so crazy and I like taking the time to stop and write.
Such sweet, simple things. Beautiful.
Great list Lisa. I love those "I love you's" too! they are the best. I need to start doing these thankful post. It always is so awesome to really think and write things down.
Your carrots look great!! :)
"We are given such precious gifts each and everyday" -- So true, Lisa! So blessed by your thankful lists each week. Thank you for letting us share in your joy, friend!
All for Him,
Nikki
I also enjoy writing the Thankful posts each week. Especially when I have a bad week. I try and try to think of something to post and then I realize that I am a Child of God how could I not be grateful!
I feel the same way about writing these posts--they are therapeutic and they are helping me to stop and smell the roses!
I love Piggie helping make lunches! P has a family of stuffed giraffes who adopted an elephant this week that she is almost never without!
love "pigie" and the Jesus drawing. Adorable.
visiting from the red oak link up
Post a Comment