Tuesday afternoon was filled with together time with my kids for which I am very thankful. My husband and I had picked up some garden soil over the weekend and the kids took great pride in getting it all in the garden and leveled out.
After they finished, we emptied out my van and drove to a local carwash and used the vacuums to get it looking like new (well, almost! lol) :-)
It was awesome how, in both instances, they worked like a team and were having a lot of fun doing it!
So, I am grateful today for a special (and very productive!) afternoon with the kiddos.
I am linking up today with Theresa at Red Oak Lane for her Thankful Thursday linkup. Come over and share something you are thankful for today.
13 comments:
Oh, I love the way your children help with things around the house, yard and car! You are raising them up to be leaders! I can't wait to see what you grow in your garden!
Great post!! I always think it's so important to have kids help with these things and realize they are a critical part of the family!!! What are you planting in those beds?
Yay for gardening! Just last night we brought home more peat moss and lots of manure! Luckily we used my husband's trailer :)
How was your boy's appointment? I was remembering his scary incident at church and that you mentioned a doctor appointment coming up.
I can't wait to see all your garden posts! I am still unsure about ours. We have psycho squirrels and bunnies and I am afraid they will eat everything.
Isn't it fun to involve the whole family. Your picture of the family with the horse in your header cracks me up every time I see it. :)
Wow - a clean van! Can they come and clean mine, pretty please ?! Can't wait to see your garden. Ken is getting the flowers started, but we get our veggies from the community garden :)
I am really itching to do both of these things, just waiting for the weather to give us some cooperation. Glad that the kiddos had fun helping.
We started putting soil in our raised gardens this week too. Can't wait to plant!
my kids help too...and it is such a good thing for them...they feel good about themselves and also learn so much other stuff!! It is spring here too..but feels like summer...and it is just beautiful!! Enjoy!
What a lovely garden that will be! love how your children help out ;)
and a clean van to boot.
Wonderful!
Wow preparing your garden already. We just received a foot of snow on Monday and are getting another good storm tonight. I think it might be a bit before we are planning our garden. :)
Yay for family teamwork! I'm glad it was a productive day, and fun for all!
Teamwork is the best! Can't wait to get my van cleaned up after our road trip- not home yet! Leaving Atlanta later today - It's been wonderful to spend time with sweet blog friends ;) wish you were here!
Post a Comment