In my life/homeschool this week: Last Friday, I surprised the kids and took them to the library in the afternoon. They had a lot of fun selecting books. They are each going to be making Power Point presentations on their books. I am really looking foward to the final products! You can see photos and read more about it here.
On Saturday, we made homemade vanilla cupcakes and frosting. You can see more pictures and get my recipe here if you would like to try to make them. They are a favorite with my kiddos! :-)
On Sunday, after Church, my husband and I took the kids to the RV show. It was a lot of fun climbing in and out of all of the vehicles. The kids most enjoyed trying the ones with bunkbeds. There was even one with two stories and a fireplace. Can you imagine? :-) Unfortunately, I forgot to take my camera (I know, I never forget my camera, but since we went straight from Church, the camera usually isn't on my "going to Church" list, lol. I guess I have an excuse) Sunday nights during Lent are our (hubby and I) Faith Sharing nights. It has been a wonderful journey of prayer, reflection and fellowship with friends from our church. We have grown so much in our faith. It is encouraging to come together to discuss the Lord, Scripture, life and our families.
On Monday, we read a great book about Jamestown, the kids all had their music lessons and Kiddos #1 and 2 had their dissection class. This week was a grasshopper. I am very grateful that they are able to have this experience. They are really learning a lot. :-)
On Tuesday, we discovered that our plants have begun to sprout! What excitement! We also enjoyed bowling with our friends in the afternoon. I also posted a recipe linkup. If you would like to check out all of the delicious recipes that were posted, you can see them here.
In addition to their regular studies, Wednesday had the kids using some flashcards I made to review different areas of study. You can see them all here. If you would like the templates for any of them, just let me know your email and I'd be happy to send them to you! We also read a wonderful book called "Parable of the Lily." What a beautiful story for Lent about the forgiveness and love that Holy Week and Easter are all about.
Thursday had Kiddo #4 continuing in her sewing class. She is really doing well! Kiddo #3 was especially proud today of his math work and his neat cursive handwriting. :-) The kids also had classes at church in the afternoon.
I am hoping if the weather is nice, to get the kids out and about tomorrow. Fridays are usually our "fun" days. I'll let you know next week! :-)
What I'm reading: With the kids: "A Family Journey with Jesus through Lent," and "Welcome Risen Jesus: Lent and Easter Reflections for Families" Me: "Imitation of Christ," and "A Mother's Rule of Life."
What I'm praying for: my husband's grandmother, those out of work, those with chronic pain, for the protection of our freedom of conscience and freedom of religion, and anyone else who has asked for my prayers.
What is working: visual and tactile educational strategies. (lots of hands-on activities!) :-) along with lots of positive reinforcement and lots of hugs. :-)
A photo or quote to share: I have a photo and a quote this week. :-)
Kiddo #4 wrote this and hung it up on the basement door for everyone to see. :-) It proudly hangs next to our "Kind Words Cross."
"Be joyful, and keep your faith and your creed." - Saint David of Wales (580 – 589)
I am linking up today with Homeschool Mother's Journal and Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers.
12 comments:
Just popping over from Sue - and LOVE your blog already! I have been meaning to order "Welcome Risen Jesus" but have been busy with Holy Heroes Lent Adventure and our little traditions - but they are fantastic additions to our day!
I loved all your pictures, and am praying and pondering the same things you are. Have a wonderful weekend!!
OH! I would love the templets and such! violinmama5@gmail.com Thanks!
Lisa, what a GREAT week! I love those flash cards...I need to make some of those to help my own memory...not just my own children. We are going to spend the next month creating some math lapbooks...you just gave me a GREAT idea with those!
Wow! What a fun week :) We have a foster placement with us, so we are adjusting to that!
You'll be posting about their power point book reports, right? I'm anxious to see what and how they do this project! It might be something for my oldest to do next year when he starts more detailed literature studies!
Sounds like a great week.
I love the faith sharing time with your husband. :)
I LOVE libraries
and those cupcakes look so yum :)
My kids love the library, too!
I LOVE all the pictures that you share! It makes me want to bring my kiddos to your house for school. :-)
What a great week! Ewwww - the grasshopper - right up my boy's alley - but not mine!
Great pictures!
Wonderful post!! Love how active and full of learning opportunities your week was! Just beautiful!
What a great week. Keilee loves her dissection classes and I am so thankful that someone else can teach her! :) Can't wait to see the PowerPoint book reports. What a great idea. Cupcakes look awesome too! Headed over to check out your recipes.
i love your book choices!! i am a reader too!
2 yrs ago our family of 10 rented an Rv for 2 wks for our family vacation....so much fun...literally sleeping on top of each other but none cared...the camp sites were a haven of fun for the kids!
Wonderful Week!!! love it!
Post a Comment