Monday, March 19, 2012

Try a New Recipe Tuesday- March 20

This recipe is for Apple Cake.  Some call it German Apple Cake.  Some have called it Jewish Apple Cake.  I don't know exactly which one it is, lol, but my family loves it.  :-)

You will need 3 separate bowls.

3 cups flour
4-5 apples cut up
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
4 eggs
1 cup oil
1/4 cup of orange juice
3 teaspoons of baking powder
2 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla (I use 3)

In bowl #1
sift the flour (you can skip this part if your flour comes pre-sifted)  :-)

In bowl #2
Mix apples, sugar and cinnamon

In bowl #3 (large bowl for mixing)
Mix sugar, eggs, oil, orange juice, baking powder, vanilla with electric mixer.  Add flour slowly while mixing.  Add 1/2 of the apple mixture and mix by hand.

Pour 1/2 of that batter into your greased baking pan.  Add the remainder of the apples into the pan.  Then pour the remainder of the batter into the pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes. 


(this is a photo from the apple orchard where we went in October.  We made all kinds of apple recipes including the cake)  :-)





Now it's your turn!  What favorite recipe are you going to share with us?  I have really enjoyed reading (and trying!) the great recipes that are shared here each week.  Spread the word, grab a button and join in on the recipe-sharing fun!  :-)


12 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds scrumptalicious! linking up from kids in the kitchen

MomLaur said...

Yum! LOVE German apple cake!

Rebecca said...

YUMMY! I LOVE all of your recipes!!!I'm sorry I don't have anything to link up this week....been a tad bit busy.....Sending hugs!

Unknown said...

This cake looks delicious Lisa! I would also love to have some of those American apples in the picture!:) I have eaten these apples and they are really lovely. I have added a link to Pumpkin soup in your hop. Take care and have a good day.

Karen said...

Oh my gosh that looks so yummy! I am going to keep this one. We don't make a lot of sweets but I know we would both love this!

Unknown said...

Oh that cake and looks like a HAVE TO TRY! Thank you!

Julie@teachinggoodeaters said...

hmmm... tried to add your button and got a message that the image has been moved?

Michelle @ Changed By The Maker said...

Oh my gosh! That cake is making my mouth water, and that's wrong because it's bedtime! I'm going to pin that recipe! THANKS, Lisa!

Nikki @ Simplystriving said...

Hi Lisa! I'm so far behind on catching up with posts, sorry.

This looks yummy! Can you answer a question for the baking illiterate?

would I need to peel the apples or leave the skins on? what do you do?

I'd like to give this a try--thank you!

~nikki

Unknown said...

Thanks for linking up my friend ;) always a pleasure - and I have to say "apples + cake = a win win!"

Happy Whimsical Hearts said...

Your cake looks really tasty. We baked a cake this week for my husband, so we've linked that up :-) And thanks for linking up with us last week!

cookinglady.bell5@gmail.com said...

The cake looks fantastic. Never had this type before. This is a must try,