This recipe is a delicious meatless meal. We just had it on Friday, as we abstain from meat on Fridays during Lent, but you can have it anytime. I even found all organic beans the last time I was at the market. :-) I served it over biscuits. I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine does! :-)
Crockpot Vegetarian Chili
1 19 oz. can black beans
1 15 oz. can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 15 oz. can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
1 16 oz. can veggie baked beans
1 14.5 oz. can chopped tomatoes in puree
1 15 oz. can corn, drained
1 onion chopped
1 green bell pepper chopped
2 stalks of celery chopped
1 tbls. chili powder
1 tbls. dried parsley
1 tbls. dried oregano
1 tbls. dried basil
Put in crockpot for about 4-5 hours on low.
And next is my children's favorite cupcake recipe.
Vanilla Mini-Cupcakes
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder1/3 cup milk
6 tablespoons butter, softened
½ cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
1 large egg
1- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
Frosting Recipe
3 cups confectioners' sugar
1/3 cup soft butter or margarine
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 tablespoons milk
Linkup your favorite recipe this week. Grab a button or link back here so others can come and join in on the fun, as well!

7 comments:
Oh I hope you'll join us at AdventurezInChildRearing for the Kids in the Kitchen Link up- We'd love to have ya and those fun kids of yours - I'm gonna have to try this recipe with the boys for sure!
I will have to try your frosting recipe. We tried one I found online...and it was too sweet. Thanks for the link up!
WOW, that looks GREAT! Thank you for these great recipes! May I pin this on my pinterest board?
I love your recipes and your kids cooking in the kitchen! Please come and share them with us at Kids in the Kitchen. Here's the shortened link:http://ht.ly/9tLf1
Kelli and I are looking forward to more family friendly recipes from you! Thanks and have a blessed week! The link is open all week! Share more than one recipe! :)
I have shared my sausage and peppers spaghetti on your blog.
Carrie http://younglivingoillady.com
Hi! I've added your button to the bottom of my post but it keeps coming up "removed or deleted" from Photobucket. :( Not sure how to fix that. I did link up though!
Others have your button with no problems, so it's probably at my end. LOL Just wanted you to know that I am trying to work out the bugs and get it up to share with others. :)
Okay--I wrote that frosting down. thank you! my son's bday is coming up :)
Post a Comment