In my life/homeschool this week: On Friday, the kiddos worked on their powerpoint book reports. It was awesome to see Kiddo #3 giving Kiddo #1 some pointers about animation. Kiddo #3 does a powerpoint presentation every single night for our family before bed. :-)
On Saturday, we made some homemade chocolate chip muffins.
You can find the recipe for the muffins here. :-)
On Sunday, during church, our 12 year old son collapsed. It was extremely scary, but I was so truly grateful for the help and support we received. I truly believe that the Lord places angels in our midst. You'll see what I mean when you read what I wrote about it here.
On Monday, there were music lessons for everyone (piano for Kiddos 2, 3 and 4 and guitar for Kiddo 1) and dissection class for Kiddos 1 and 2. They finished their grasshoppers, working on the internal organs this time.
The kids did really well during their bowling league on Tuesday. Kiddo #3 broke 3 figures! :-)
I also hosted my weekly link-up for recipes. There were many delicious ones shared! Come see them and my recipe for homemade Italian bread in the breadmaker here.
On Wednesday, we did a special craft to remember St. Patrick and how he taught about the Trinity by using the shamrock. You can read all about it here.
We also baked some homemade bread, cake and frosting.
On Thursday, we went to the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia to have Kiddo #2 evaluated in the cardiology department after his fainting episode on Sunday. He has something called "Neurally-mediated syncope(NMS)" We are thankful to have a diagnosis and are SO thankful that it is a treatable condition. The doctors at staff at Children's were wonderful and so thorough. Kiddo is wearing a 24-hour monitor and we will return for more testing in a couple of months to determine if the current treatment is working or if we need to try different medications.
What I'm reading: I am continuing the Lenten readings with the kiddos. I also am reading "The Imitation of Christ" and "A Mother's Rule of Life."
What I am praying for: This week, I was praying for my son. I also was praying for all of the victims of the tornadoes of the past couple of weeks and for many who are sick, suffering or have asked for prayers.
A photo or quote to share: I have a photo and quotes this week. Kiddo #1 took this beautiful photo of the sky:
"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants." -- William Penn
"Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it."-- William Penn
I am linking up this week with Homeschool Mother's Journal and Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers. Come over and share about your week! :-)
15 comments:
Oh, wow! How scary! I hope you find answers for your son!
Your daughter is adorable in the first cooking photo! Looks like she's MOST DEFINITELY happy to be cooking! LOL
Triple bowling digits? Wow! I can get triples in Wii bowling! LOL (I won't say what I get in REAL bowling! LOL)
Do you use a specific program for the Powerpoints?
Great week except for your son's collapsing. I am so glad you found out what it is. Hopefully the current treatment will work. Love the pic of your girl making muffins. She looks so happy. :)
A powerpoint every night? That would be so much fun. Bradley is interested in learning how to do power point. Any suggestions?
Please keep us posted on your son. That must have been very terrifying for you all.
You put me to shame, Lisa! I'm amazed at all you do! :)
I'm glad you're son is okay, and that you have a diagnosis. I hope the treatment works well for him.
Powerpoint...yeeeees. I'd be lost. Totally. Sounds fun, though!
I am glad you got your diagnosis. Oh, those muffins look tasty. Looks like you had a great week.
AS always, I have NO idea how you get everything done each week :) So glad that Kiddo #2 is okay, and here's hoping for a *regular* Sunday service :)
great photos! Glad he is okay! What is the treatment, if you don;t mind my asking! I am glad he is okay. I missed your earlier posts! Sorry! I am always praying for your family.
I am glad to hear that your child is OK now and I pray that his condition be healed soon. :-)
You have lovely pictures of your family.
God bless you.
Wonderful pictures Lisa! I am sorry to hear that your 12 year old son has been having health problems but I hope everything will work out and he will be okay. Continue to have good times with your kids. Very interesting post.
I couldn't go to bed without checking to see if you had found out anything about your son. I'm happy that the problem was apparently easily diagnosed and is treatable. That's a relief, and it is good just to know sometimes rather than having to wonder.
As usual, you still kept up your busy week -- so much fun at your house.
Yes, I'm still interested in that power point business. I wouldn't know how to do it. Is there an online tutorial somewhere or had you learned it in a class? My oldest loves the computer, but he doesn't have much access. Doing a power point presentation would be a legitimate reason to be on the computer, right?
Take Care!
So wonderful that the docs were able to determine why your son collapsed!! It's so wonderful to have such alert medical care.
Your daughter looks so happy in the kitchen, I think her grin is catching.
Lisa, sorry to hear about your son. I will be praying for him. Hopefully there will be no more ocurrances.
Mmm, chocolate chip muffins, they look great.
so glad about your son.. nothing is right when our kids are sick!! your house looks fun...and your kids would fit right in here!!
love the quotes!
How very scary. I can't imagine as a parent how that feels. At least you have answers now. Good luck on this new journey.
Sounds like everything else was a good week.
Wow!I'm so glad this is turning out to be treatable,how scary for mom and dad!
Post a Comment