This week, Kiddo #4 made a cookie called "Buried Treasures." They were a delicious cookie with a Hershey's Kiss hidden inside! :-) We got the recipe from a book called "Mr. Food's Favorite Cookies." Can you believe I picked it up at the used book store at the library for $1? :-) :-)
Buried Treasures
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar, plus extra for rolling
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
Foil-wrapped milk chocolate candies, unwrapped (we used Hershey's Kisses)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, and the brown sugar until light and fluffy.
Add the egg and vanilla and beat well.
Form the dough into 1-inch balls; press a candy piece into each ball, covering the candy completely with dough.
Roll the balls in granulated sugar and place on the cookie sheet.
Bake for 12 minutes or until light golden.
These were SO delicious, I kid you not! Absolutely yummy! :-) Kiddo's brothers were grabbing them by the handful. :-)
Now for today's features:
Linking up with the Gathering Spot, Kids in the Kitchen, Tasty Tuesday, Tempt my Tummy Tuesday, Domestically Divine Tuesday, Raising Mighty Arrows,Addicted to Recipes, Homemaking Wednesdays, Living Well Wednesday,NOBH, Judy H-J's Thoughts, Wisdom Wednesday , Favorite Things, Modest Mom, Full Plate Thursday and Melt in your Mouth Monday and Show Off Friday and Tuesday's Table and Look What We Did and Titus 2sday, Mom's Monday Mingle, Monday Mingle, Crafty Spices, Better Mom,Create with Joy, Thursday's Treasures, Tasty Thursdays and Wonderful Food Wednesday and Mondays with Countrified Hicks and Tuesday How to Party and the Tried and True Recipe Party and Kids and Mom in the Kitchen and Family Fun Friday and Clever Chicks Blog Hop





25 comments:
Aw, she's a cutie....the cookies look awesome!
hey, you could make them if you ever have a pirate themed bday party!
Will prob link a recipe from my son's bday party this past weekend.....
Thanks for sharing, friend!
Oh thank you so so much for featuring my french toast bites! Definitely appreciated :D I hope your week is absolutely fantastic!
We love those cookies with the candy inside! They look wonderful. Thanks so much for featuring me this week!
Thanks for featuring my goulash recipe! Truly an honor!
Those cookies do look delicious! Can't go wrong with Hershey kisses!!
I love these surprise cookies!
I think I'm going to make them for my nephews and nieces - thanks for the recipe!
have you all a wonderful and creative week and thanks for another party :(
Love the hidden candy inside. Thanks for sharing and for hosting :)
They look fantastic! I look forward to trying these out.
Thanks for hosting! Have a lovely week Lisa...
You guys share the most amazing cookie recipes!
ok - I think I can do those without stressing over them! Sharing on fb and pinterest.
Your daughter is just precious, great looking cookies as well. Have a good week and thanks for hosting!
Miz Helen
I remember mr. food from the 80's. I think I have one of his cookbooks floating around here somewhere. Thanks for sharing the recipe for these hidden treasure cookies - they're sure to be gobbled up in our house.
Hershey Kisses are one of my favorite candies!
The cookies look great! Thanks for hosting another great party!
Cynthia at http://FeedingBIg.com
Love your cookie recipe! Thanks for sharing it at our party :) I'm recovering from a day of kayaking and 2 nights camping in a tent! fun- but tiring - enjoy your homeschool week.
Your cookies look delicious! Thanks for hosting, Lisa!
your cookies sure look Good! thanks for sharing!
Thanks again for hosting, Lisa! Lots of yummy recipes I need to go check out now!
Kiddo's quite the baker! Seems like every week you're featuring something she made. :)
Love the ides of the hidden treat in the cookies, the kids will love them...........Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!
Cheers,
Kathy Shea Mormino
The Chicken Chick
http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com
Those cookies look and sound just what I need right now...
Thanks for hosting,
Happy WW
Feel free to share via our linky:
http://www.craftyspices.com/hops/wwhop
We have a wedding celebration to go to on Saturday and offers to "bring something" were met with "hand held desserts". This is a MUST bring in my book. Can't wait to try them...gonna get some mini Snickers or other candy bars to try too. Thank you, Lisa. God bless you and yours!
Your daughter is so good at baking Lisa!
Hi Lisa,
Thank you so much for sharing this awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you have a very special Mothers Day Weekend and come back soon!
Miz Helen
Post a Comment