In my life/homeschool this week: It was a busy and fun week for the kiddos.
On Friday, our caterpillars arrived.
They have already doubled in size since this photo was taken. The kiddos were so excited. They literally were jumping up and down when the package arrived. They also helped dad get our plants in the garden. Yay! I have been nursing those plants indoors since we planted the seeds in February. So glad to finally have cooperating spring-like weather! :-)
In celebration that our caterpillars' arrived, Kiddo #4 started a butterfly lapbook this week and is already learning about butterfly anatomy and other interesting facts.
Monday was Kiddo #1's 15th birthday. I wrote a post all about him and how scary the first hours of his life were. You can read it here.
Each Kiddo decides how he/she would like to spend their birthday. He chose to visit a 19th century warship and WWII submarine docked in Philadelphia. We had a great time. You can read all about it and see lots more photos of it here.
Each Kiddo decides how he/she would like to spend their birthday. He chose to visit a 19th century warship and WWII submarine docked in Philadelphia. We had a great time. You can read all about it and see lots more photos of it here.
Tuesday was a regular kind of day, just getting work done. I also posted my weekly recipe linkup. This week, I shared Kiddo #1's Peanut Butter Oatie cookies. They were a big hit at our house. :-) You can see his recipe and all of the others that were shared here.
Wednesday's highlights were Kiddo #1's airplane made out of some paper he found laying around (complete with engines, which were added after I took this photo, lol!) Didn't I mention that he could make *anything* into an airplane? :-)
Kiddo #4 also made a special cookie treat for her last day of classes at church on Thursday. I will share them next Tuesday. They were not only beautiful, but yummy, too. From the looks of the empty container she brought home, her classmates enjoyed them, as well.
On Thursday, the kiddos got their schoolwork done and got ready for the last night of classes at church. I will miss my students.
Not sure what Friday will have in store.
We will be having a barbecue this weekend to celebrate Kiddo 1 and my hubby's birthday with family, as well as Memorial Day. I wish more people would just take a moment to remember the true meaning of the day and pass that along to their children. We need to have a deep-rooted gratitude for the enormous sacrifices that have been made for our freedom. I will share a beautiful poem all about that on Monday. Be sure to come back and visit. Until then, have a beautiful weekend and God bless! :-)
If you have a chance, I would much appreciate your vote. As of today (Friday), I am listed under the "Pending Approval" tab, as I was just nominated. I believe it takes 24 hours to get out of that category. You can vote once a day until June 13th.
Linking up today with: Homeschool Mother's Journal, Weekly Wrap-Up, NOBH, Show-Off Friday, Learn and Link and It's a Wrap, Friendship Friday and Friday Connection and Family Fun Friday

4 comments:
Another great week of learning for you and your family. I apologize for not linking up more for "Try a New Recipe Tuesday." Now that school is out for the summer, I hope to have just a bit more time and be able to link up more, at least for a few weeks! That trip to the sub sounds like something we would do as a family. Super interesting! Enjoy your weekend!
Love that airplane and his choice of activities for his birthday. Thanks for sharing at the Homeschool Review. -Savannah @ HammockTracks
I am loving all those images on FB that remind us why we have Memorial Day. Sad, but important. Looking forward to your poem!
A visit to a WWII submarine sounds fantastic!
Post a Comment