Highlights of my life/our homeschool this week: On Friday, after I posted my wrap-up for last week, I came up with a fun math game for Kiddos 3 and 4. All it took was a sheet of graph paper (I print off large square grid paper for free from the internet) and a die. Each kiddo would roll two numbers and draw a square/rectangle with those numbers for the sides. Then they were to calculate the perimeter and the area. It was fun and hands on, and they were learning. :-)
Sunday was Mother's Day. It was a beautiful, relaxing day, filled with faith, love and family. I wrote all about it on my Thankful Thursday post here.
On Monday, Kiddo #4 had her sewing class. She finished her summer nightgown. She did such an awesome job, didn't she?
On Tuesday, there was a lot of hands-on fun. First there was "Tell Time Bingo"
then there were some matching games that I made. Kiddos 3 and 4 worked on homonyms and contractions. When they finished their particular set, they scrambled them up and switched.
The same with Kiddos 1 and 2, but their challenges were states/capitals and states and their abbreviations.
I made three of these sets myself. If you would like any of them, please let me know and I will be happy to email you the files.
I also hosted my "Try a New Recipe Tuesday" linkup. Kiddo #4 made Chocolate Biscottis and they were really, really good. You can see her recipe and photos and all of the others that were shared here.
Tuesday night, my mom and 3 of the kiddos went to a Phillies game. My dad spent the evening with Kiddo #3, who wasn't much interested in the game, but enjoyed dinner and time with his Pop instead. Dh and I drove the others down to the game and watched it in a restaurant next door to the stadium. We had a nice dinner and not only got to watch the game, but could actually hear the cheers when something good would happen. They all had an awesome time and our team won the game. :-) It was a fun, but late evening.
So, our original plans for Wednesday had to be scrapped since the kiddos were all really tired and slept in. But, I remembered reading that our local nature center's butterfly exhibit opened. So, off to the nature center we went. We were so lucky to be able to enter the exhibit and the butterflies were actually landing right on us! I have never had one on my hand before. What an incredible feeling-- a butterfly kiss! :-) We are expecting our caterpillars to arrive soon and the nature center said when it comes time, we can release them there! :-)
We also hiked the trails, went to the bird observatory (and saw SO many different species), went to the pond and saw a frog sunning by a leaf.
I included lots more photos of this fun trip on my post on Wednesday. You can see it here.
Thursday was a get some things done around the house kind of day. The kids worked on their math while I worked on laundry and tidying up. It has to get done sometime. ;-) We had classes at church in the late afternoon. Next week is our last week already. I've gotten attached to my little group. I am trying to think of something special to do with them on the last day.
Not sure what Friday will have in store. I'll keep you posted next week. :-)
Linking up today with: Homeschool Mother's Journal, Weekly Wrap-Up, NOBH, Show-Off Friday, Learn and Link and It's a Wrap, Friendship Friday and Friday Connection and Family Fun Friday


5 comments:
What a great and busy week Lisa! I just love all the things your daughter makes. Love the pillow and that nightgown looks like she bought it! I love all the games you play. Isn't playing games the best way to learn? The Phillies games sounds fun too. We are Braves fans and I really need to take Keilee to a game. The butterfly exhibit sounds like such fun. Being in nature is one of our favorite things! Happy weekend. Hugs
We have been super busy the last couple weeks and I haven't had time to write in my own blog let alone keep up with whatever anyone else has been up to. But, I love reading about your weeks! You always have something fun and educational planed! Thanks for sharing!!!! Emmalee from The Hoggatt Homeschool
You certainly had a wonderful and fulfill week :)
A terrific week! Love the pillow and nightie!
Love that math game you shared...thank you! We'll be trying that:) Looks like a fantastic week, especially the trip to the nature center. Abby loves butterflies...what a neat exhibit!
Blessing:)
Post a Comment