On Sunday, we barbecued for the Memorial Day holiday and also celebrated Kiddo #1's birthday with family.
On Monday, we enjoyed more bbq and also got gardening and canning done. We were able to can fresh corn and peas.
I also made sure that I explained to my children the true meaning of the day and how we must never forget the sacrifices made so we can have our freedom. I posted a poem called "The Final Inspection." If you have never read it, take a moment and click here. You won't regret it. It is very touching and is a good way to pay even a small tribute to those who have given their lives for our country.
Tuesday was a back to school work day, but I made up a fun scavenger hunt that had the kids looking all over the house for clues and cards. It ended in the pantry closet right near their favorite snacks. ;-) They thought it was so fun that they re-hid the cards for their grandfather to look for, as well.
On Tuesday, I also posted my weekly linkup "Try a New Recipe Tuesday." I shared Kiddo #4's Chocolate Confetti cookies. To see that recipe and all of the other wonderful ones that were shared, click here.
Thursday was my hubby's birthday, so Wednesday had the kiddos and I buying cards, making signs and getting all ready. Kiddo #4 baked her dad cookies and Kiddo #1 baked him a cake.
Wednesday evening, my mom took 3 of the kiddos to a Phillies game, while Kiddo #3 had a night out with his Pop. Hubby and I drove the crew down to the stadium and had a nice dinner in a restaurant adjacent to the ballpark and watched on big screen tvs so we could be ready to drive them home when it was done. The team won and of course, the kiddos were thrilled.
Thursday had us finishing up some schoolwork and then Kiddo #1 put the final touches on his dad's cake. I also posted my Thankful Thursday post about my hubby that you can read here.
After a dinner for volunteers at our church, we came home and celebrated hubby's birthday and enjoyed those goodies! :-)
Only 13 days left to vote. I would GREATLY appreciate your support! Thank you SO much! :-)
Linking up today with: Homeschool Mother's Journal, Weekly Wrap-Up, NOBH, Show-Off Friday, Learn and Link and It's a Wrap, Friendship Friday and Friday Connection and Family Fun Friday

8 comments:
A scavenger hunt is such a great idea!
Love them all dressed in their patriotic clothes, too!!!
Have a great weekend!!
Looks Like you guys had a fun filled week.
Stopping in from Weird Unsocialized Weekly Wrap up.
Renee
Beautiful week! Glad you shared that poem again...I need to keep a copy of it. Love that everything was all centered around family- sounds like you had plenty of fun times and good food:) It's also very sweet to see your kiddos bake for and serve their dad for his birthday. And scavenger hunts are an all time favorite thing to do here too:) Blessings this week!
Beautiful week! Glad you shared that poem again...I need to keep a copy of it. Love that everything was all centered around family- sounds like you had plenty of fun times and good food:) It's also very sweet to see your kiddos bake for and serve their dad for his birthday. And scavenger hunts are an all time favorite thing to do here too:) Blessings this week!
Looks like a wonderful week. Hope your weekend is just as terrific!
Looks like a busy fun day for your family. Happy birthday to your husband and may God increase His greatness and comfort Him on every side.
Have a super blessed weekend!
Love
You definitely had a full and happy week :)
looks like a beautiful week for your family! good for all of you! I think many kids today think Memorial day is only for picnics.
go Phillies!!!!
Post a Comment