Today I'm sharing my recipe for Vegetable Lasagna in a white sauce. It is a hit in our house. :-)
Ingredients:
12 lasagna noodles
1/4 cup butter
1 medium onion chopped
2 3/4 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3 1/3 cups milk
2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
1 15 ounce container ricotta cheese
1 10 ounce package mixed vegetables (I used a bit more), thawed and drained
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 2/3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Cook onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in flour, pepper, and nutmeg. Stirring continuously, pour in milk, a little at a time, allowing mixture to thicken. Bring to a boil for 1 minute, then remove from heat and stir in parsley. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, veggies, parmesan and 1 cup of mozzarella. Stir until well blended.
In a 7x11 inch baking dish, layer 1/4 cup white sauce, 3 noodles, one third of remaining white sauce, half the veggie mixture, 3 more noodles, half remaining white sauce, remaining veggie mixture, 3 noodles, remaining white sauce. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Cover with foil coated with cooking spray.
Bake in preheated oven 30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Linking up with: Kids in the Kitchen, Tasty Tuesday, Tempt my Tummy Tuesday, Domestically Divine Tuesday, Raising Mighty Arrows, Addicted to Recipes, Homemaking Wednesdays, Living Well Wednesday, NOBH, Judy H-J's Thoughts, Wisdom Wednesday , Favorite Things and Modest Mom


13 comments:
Thanks for sharing this at My Our Favorite Things Link Party. I've never had a lasagna with a white sauce. I'm going to try it because sometimes the red sauce give me heartburn. This is a great alternative.
Lisa, OH, this is something I have always wanted to try to make....I think I will next week.....thank you!
This looks so yummy Lisa! Thanks for hosting. I am happy to link up again this week. Have a wonderful Tuesday.
I've been looking for a good vegetable lasagne recipe! Thanks, Lisa:)
I've been looking for a good vegetable lasagne recipe! Thanks, Lisa:)
thanks Lisa! pinning it- hope you have a wonderful week with your kiddos!
I've never had lasagna with a white sauce before. It looks fantastic! I'll have to give this recipe a try. Thanks for hosting and have a great week!
Thanks for hosting! Your white lasagna sounds like some tasty eats. :)
Thanks for hosting! Have a great day! :)
Check out my latest recipe, review & giveaway @ Baking Blissful
Wow, I'm excited to make this since we're eating mostly meatless these days. Thanks so much for sharing!
This looks scrumptious!
I have a spinach lasagna recipe I was going to share, but I posted about it a year ago and wasn't sure if it was okay to post it. I have got to try this for my hubby. Will definitely be pinning it.
Would love for you to stop by and share at Kids and a Mom in the Kitchen
http://totsandme.blogspot.com/2012/08/kids-and-mom-in-kitchen-22-dirt-pudding.html
Have a great weekend
Vegetable lasagna is one of my all-time favorite dishes. And I love it in a good white sauce. Thank you for this recipe. I'll look forward to trying it soon! Thanks for linking up with NOBH - Smiles -
This is one of my favorite recipes! Thanks for sharing. Joining from Inspire Me Monday http://allthoseartsygirls.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment