On Monday, as Kiddos 1 and 2 were volunteering at church (I posted about how thankful I am for their service here), Kiddos 3 and 4 had their piano lessons and did really well! I am so proud of them. Kiddo #4 taught herself the overture to Beethoven's 9th Symphony by ear and surprised her teacher with it. I need to post a video of it so you all could see her playing it. It is really something else. :-)
The week continued with more volunteerism, some crafts, reading, power points, baking and swimming. Of course, that is all around watching the Olympics and celebrating our team's success. It has been wonderful to watch these young Americans representing our nation and doing it with such grace and dignity. We should all be very proud, not only of their amazing athletic abilities, but at the very way they have carried and presented themselves. :-)
I am also finalizing purchases of books and planning for our upcoming school year.
My weekly recipe linkup was on Tuesday and I shared a garlic herb cheese bread for the breadmaker recipe. It is really tasty! :-) You can see that recipe and all of the others that were shared here.
Wednesday's post was photos of the absolutely beautiful birds that have visited our backyard. We actually photographed the most recent one from inside as we saw him helping himself to some of the material from one of our planters.
On Thursday, Kiddo #4 finished her homemade doll and outfit in sewing class. Isn't it just the sweetest? Thursday night also found us watching some preseason football and cheering our hometown team as well as Kiddo #1 attending his Civil Air Patrol meeting.
What I'm praying for: There have been so many who are suffering, due to illness or circumstance who have asked for prayer. Also remembering those in the military and their families...
What I'm reading: "I Surrender: Thoughts on making Christ the center of your life" in addition to various books in the Bible for an online study, canning recipes.....
A quote or photo to share:
Kiddo #2's sunflower, that he started from a seed many months ago, bloomed today. :-)


10 comments:
You are busy as ever, Lisa! Are you going to post about the curriculum you are using this year? I'm quite busy with that process right not too. We are also painting our kitchen -- not the best time of year because there are veggies to process and put away! Anyway, just thought I check in and say hello. Your post are always inspiring!
Wow, Lisa....the Overture, by herself...and that doll! Oh, I love it...and volunteering, you're speaking music to my ears. I wish we lived closer, I just know you would be a great inspiration in person to me!!
Seems like a busy fruitful week :)
I love the photo of the bird who helped himself to bits from the planter.
Love the photo's of your family.
Blessings
The doll came out great. How wonderful. I hope you all have a wonderful year.
Blessings, Dawn
Isn't that a sweet dolly! She did a fab job! A wonderful keepsake!
Oh, and guess what? I have a recipe to share next link-up! LOL I hope I remember!
Always love reading your Friday posts. I love the doll and outfit. That is great! I would love for you to post a video of her playing. What an accomplishment! Happy weekend Lisa!
the doll is fabulous!! good for her!! love the bird in action. she is a great mom!
What a full week - the doll is adorable :) She looks so proud of herself! My hubby was cheering along with you as the Eagles won! Woohoo!!
A beautiful week, Lisa:) Love the photos of the bird and the sunflower. And also the doll, wow...great work!
I love reading what you all are doing. Busy working for God and preparing to work for God. Love that. The doll is amazing. What a blessing your writing is in this blog world.
Post a Comment