Other than packing everything but the kitchen sink, lol, there were some other things going on this week. (and I'm not kidding about the packing. We rent a place with a kitchen as to save on the cost of a family our size eating out every day, but that means remembering to bring absolutely everything!)
On Monday, the kiddos had their music lessons. Kiddo #4 wowed her teacher with playing the beginning of Beethoven's 9th by ear. It really amazed me. She heard it and then sat down and played. Just as simple as that. I posted the video of her playing here.
On Tuesday, we picked more "goodies" from our garden and made a salad with the tomatoes, basil and cucumbers (with some added mozzarella and olive oil, too!)
I also hosted my weekly recipe linkup. I shared my vegetable lasagna in a white sauce recipe. You can see my recipe and all of those that were shared here.
Wednesday was a fun day. After the kiddos and I went to church, I took them out to lunch and then we went and did some last minute vacation shopping (sneakers, etc.)
On Thursday, Kiddo #4 had a playdate with friends. They are a lovely family from our church with 6 children, 4 of whom are girls. It was girl heaven-- they had a tea party and then all sewed little crafts. Kiddo made a little purse. They were all just too cute. :-) Kiddo also had her sewing lesson on Thursday. She finished a surprise gift for her brother's birthday (I cannot say more than that since they read the blog, but I promise to post a picture of it after the special day!) and she also started a stuffed animal for herself. Kiddo #1 had his Civil Air Patrol meeting.
I posted some photos here of the kiddos' beautiful flowers that are now blooming. They started them all from seeds and are thrilled that they are now beginning to bloom. Just Kiddo #3's marigolds have yet to bloom. I think they will in the next couple of days.
I have also worked on our curriculum for next year and will post all about it in the next couple of days.
What I'm reading: "I Surrender: Thoughts on making Christ the center of your daily life," Various Bible readings for an online Bible study, my canning recipes, lol, and whatever else I grab off of the pile on my nightstand. :-)
What I'm praying for: our nation, our military, those who are unemployed or who are ill and suffering, a good and safe vacation, a fun and successful school year with my children....
A quote or photo to share: "Today I’m pledging to cut the deficit we inherited in half by the end of my first term in office. If I don’t have this done in three years, then there’s going to be a one-term proposition.”--Barack Obama
Wow, the deficit has been tripled in his 4 years, not cut in half. In fact, the deficit is more now than in the first 41 Presidencies combined. That is too staggering to even imagine. Enough said.
Beach, here we come! :-)
I hope everyone has a great weekend! God bless! :-)
Linking up with Create with Joy, Homeschool Mother's Journal and Weekly Wrap-Up
11 comments:
Another wonderful post. I hope you have a great time at the beach!
Oh...love the quote, by the way. ;)
Your recipe looks yummy. I am so wanting to make a beach trip before back to school. Visiting from DearCreatives.com found you from Friday Friendship Hop
Oh you are going to have the best time at the beach! Can't wait to 'hear' all about it Lisa. And LOL that is a lot of packing. I can't imagine having to remember kitchen things. I would forget 100 things! What gorgeous flowers! Lisa, have a wonderful trip and I can't wait to hear about your upcoming curriculum choices!
Yay! enjoy the beach - wish you were headed to my beach :) your garden salad looks amazing!!
I hope you guys have a wonderful time away!
Enjoy your time at the beach! After all that packing, you deserve it!
I pray that you have a wonderful vacation and enjoy every single second of it.
Have a fantastic vacation. Love all of the photos.
Have fun at the beach!
Have fun at the beach!
Hope you guys have a wonderful time at the beach. We always do when we go. We pack everything but the kitchen sink also. It save so much money when you do your own cooking.
Post a Comment