Today, I find myself being thankful for beautiful flowers on plants that my children started from seeds
salads made from veggies in our garden
the chaos of packing since that means that vacation is only a couple of days away
and a very sweet older woman at church today, who came up to me in my car in the parking lot just to tell me how beautifully she thought I proclaimed the Word of God. I was asked to read on my way into church, as the person who was supposed to lector (read) today wasn't there. I prayed for the Holy Spirit to help me since I hadn't prepared in advance. I asked the Lord to please let everyone hear the beauty of His Word through my voice, and that it be steady, clear and have the proper emphasis and inflection. I have been blessed to have been lectoring since I was a teenager, but always second-guess myself. God always sends someone to let me know that I have done Him proud and for that I am incredibly thankful. (for those who are wondering, I read Revelation 11:19; 12:1-6, 10, Psalm 45:10, 11, 12, 16 and First Corinthians 15:20-26.
Linking up with Red Oak Lane, Raising Mighty Arrows, NOBH and A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings
8 comments:
Hi! I'm visiting from A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. Beautiful flowers! Thanks for sharing your great list of thanksgiving & have a great vacation!
Flowers are gorgeous! They brighten my morning. We tried sunflowers a couple of years ago but they didn't make it..seeing yours makes me want to try again one day! I'm thankful for sites like yours, unafraid to proclaim the glory of God. Food for my soul, especially now.
A beautiful gratitude list:) Love the flowers that came from the seeds y'all planted! Have a great vacation...had to laugh at your packing picture. That's always what it looks like here when we are getting ready to go somewhere:)
Love how God sends just just what we need, when we need it. And YAY for vacations! ;)
I love it when everything is packed for a trip and for a moment I feel organized! Lovely flowers and garden produce - and lovely encouragement encounter!
that salad looks so good!!!
It's so amazing how praying for the words or wisdom works!
Love the flowers - how much fun it must be for the kids to watch their flowers grow :)
Ahh packing...NOT! Packing everything up can be so time consuming but the reward is usually worth it! Thanks for sharing with us over at NOBH!
Post a Comment