Friday, August 31, 2012

Homeschool Mother's Journal/Weekly Wrap-Up- August 31

Wow, the end of August and the last day of our vacation.  :-(  That is why this post is a bit late in getting done.  We've had such a good time.

On Saturday, we celebrated Kiddo #2's 13th birthday.  You can read about it here.


Monday was going on all kinds of amusements rides.


Tuesday was the beach.  You can see more about it here.  I also posted my weekly recipe linkup.  If you would like to join in or just want to check out all of the delicious recipes that we shared, click here.


Wednesday was a trip to the Naval Air Station Wildwood where we actually got to watch a B-17 and B-24 land in front of us and had the privilege of climbing in them.  It gave me such an appreciation for what our airmen went through in WWII.  I wrote all about it and shared some amazing photos in my Thankful Thursday post here




After that visit, we found a recently built fishing pier and had some fun fishing with the kids.




Thursday was an awesome day!  We rented a pontoon boat and did some fishing and crabbing.  The kids had so much fun.  The four hours on the boat just flew by. 






(here the kiddos are touching the sand shark they caught before it went back in)




In the afternoon, we visited another amusement pier for their "Two-ticket Thursday" special. 




Kiddos 2, 3, 4 went to the arcade with me for a bit in the evening, while Kiddo #1 and hubby went to do some night fishing on the pier.


Next week is back to the grind with work and school.  We're going to miss the shore and will long remember all of the family fun we had while here.

What I'm reading: I read 7 novels and counting while here!  :-)  I also have been keeping up with my readings for my online Bible study.  There is just something about the sea air that is conducive to much reading!  ;-)

What I'm praying for: my family, our nation, the protection of our freedom of religion and conscience, our military, those who are unemployed, ill and suffering.  The list goes on.....

Quote or Photo to share: took this when we were on the pier fishing


Linking up with Create with Joy, Homeschool Mother's Journal and Weekly Wrap-Up

7 comments:

Karen said...

I know you have all enjoyed your vacation so much! It looks like you had a blast. I have loved seeing all the pictures of your trip. Can't wait to see what you do next week!

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

That all looks like such fun! We have a vacation coming up and we're all very much excited about it!

Unknown said...

Wow! ALL that AND you had time to read?! Looks like a perfect vacation!

Leah Courtney said...

Looks like a good vacation. We love the beach. I think we are going to get another week to go in September!

Jen said...

Looks like a great week Lisa!! Have a great Labor Day!! ;)

Carrie said...

Love the photo of your littlest steering the boat! Looks like a fabulous vacation!

Karen said...

Just peeking in to see if you were back from your vacation. I am sure you are slammed. Happy Labor Day.