They have done everything from sorting crayons and sharpening pencils, to getting children's folders labeled and sorted and correlating attendance data and records. They will be there Thursday and Friday, as well.
The fact that they are doing this of their own volition and with a cheerful disposition is what makes me most thankful. It is quite a challenge in today's day and age to try to raise children with a servant's heart, willing to be of service, volunteer and help others.
Does that mean that I won't have to remind them to pick up after themselves anymore? Doubtful. But, as blessed as I am, I'll take it. (I'll just have to remember to read this post from time to time to remind myself of that fact, lol!) :-)
Linking up with: Red Oak Lane, Raising Mighty Arrows, NOBH and A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings
9 comments:
That is such a blessing Lisa. Keilee loves to volunteer to do anything at our church but I have to tell her 100 times to clean up her room! :)
What a blessing they are to your family, but also to the children they are serving :)
Awesome blessing to see your kids in action like that. And I LOVE the Packers binder!
I love that they are doing this because they want to and that they have such cheerful hearts about serving!
I love that they are doing this because they want to and that they have such cheerful hearts about serving!
It is wonderful that you are teaching your children to love and serve! We should all be thankful there are still parents like you (and me) in this nation! Thanks for this post.
wow! what a great responsibility and experience! Thanks for linking up and for your prayers!!
Oh this warms my heart! I can't think of a better one to have than a heart of service...
I've missed you, friend! I Plan on catching up, though I won't flood your comments box here ;)
Hugs to you!
Yay kids!
Post a Comment