We are here enjoying our time in Ocean City, NJ. The weather has been beautiful. We are blessed to be staying in a place that is literally right on the boardwalk, so the beach and ocean is right there and the sight of it is nothing short of breathtaking.
I posted some more photos in my Make Life Meaningful Monday post here.
On Tuesday, we visited the zoo and were so impressed that it not only operates on donations only, but with its beautiful and unique layout and magnificent animals. I posted many more photos of them here, on my Wordless Wednesday post.
I also hosted my weekly recipe linkup. Come check out all of the delicious recipes that were linked up here. If you have one to share, please join in! It will be open until next week. :-)
On Wednesday, we had family visit. My aunt had come down with us on Saturday and my cousin, uncle and aunt came to spend the day with us and take her home, as she had to go back to work on Thursday. :-( I posted about their visit and so many other things for which I am grateful on my Thankful Thursday post here.
On Thursday, the kiddos and I went to a different amusement pier for their "2 Ticket Thursday" special. My parents' pastor also came to visit for the afternoon. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pics of him, but we did enjoy spending some time and sharing a meal with him.
We also did a special craft out on the balcony this afternoon. I purchased some really beautiful shells (I wouldn't be able to find that many nice ones on the beach, lol) and the kids got to paint them. They did a really nice job.
I think Friday will be fishing with Pop for the older two guys and perhaps a visit to the beach with Mom and Nan for the younger two. Whatever we do, I'm sure it will be fun. And, we're counting down to the Kiddo #2's 13th birthday and my husband coming down to join us on Saturday. :-)
What I'm reading: LOTS of books! I already finished 4 novels and am starting on a 5th. There is just something about the sea air, lol! :-) I am also keeping up with my reading for my online Bible study.
What I'm praying for: those who are ill, suffering, out of work, our military, our nation.....
A quote or photo to share: "Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible."-- St. Francis of Assisi
"One man with courage makes a majority."-- Andrew Jackson
Linking up with Create with Joy, Homeschool Mother's Journal and Weekly Wrap-Up
10 comments:
So glad you have an awesome vacation Lisa! Thanks for joining us at
Create With Joy
http://create-with-joy.com
How fun, it is a good year when someone gets to go on vacation. :-)
Looks like you're having a blast. Love the shells they look huge!
Stopping by via Friendship Friday
Looks like so much fun! I miss the ocean. I'm so glad you guys are getting time away!
What a fantastic vacation!! You are totally making me miss the shore :)
Have you gone to Asseteque Island yet? You are only 5 miles from it. It's free, the beaches are lovely, the trails are fun and if you are lucky you can see the wild horses!!
Lisa, I LOVE the top picture. That looks like something out of a magazine! Beautiful vacation.... That zoo does sound amazing and I love the shells painted. Your kids are all so creative. I am sure the boys will have a ball fishing with Pop and you and the younger kids with your Mom. Enjoy your family Lisa!
Awesome vacation! I've never been there, but I've heard the boardwalk and ocean are wonderful (even with the crowds). Enjoy!
Hi again, Lisa! To answer you collage question, I used PicMonkey. It was quick and simple to use (although I think it probably lacks some creativity that I've seen in other collages). It works for me because it only takes a few minutes to create a collage! ::laugh::
Yay for family vacations and fun...and for crafts on the balcony too!
Looks like tons of fun
Post a Comment