Friday, August 3, 2012

Homeschool Mother's Journal/Weekly Wrap-up August 3

It's August!  And, today, August 3rd is our 16th wedding anniversary. Wow.  And, with 4 kids in 5 1/2 years, a deployment to Iraq and lots else in between, it has certainly been eventful, but I wouldn't trade these years for anything in the world.  :-)

It was a quiet and relatively uneventful week for a change!  And what a nice change it was!  On Sunday, Kiddo #1 flew with his RC club.


I posted more photos of him flying here.

The kids enjoyed swimming


and we picked cucumbers every day from our garden and were even able to get some peas.




I hosted my weekly recipe linkup and shared my grandmother's homemade gravy (sauce) recipe.  You can find it, and all of the other recipes here.

We supported Chick-Fil-A (I posted about it here), and while we were at the mall, Kiddos 3 and 4 enjoyed a merry-go-round ride.





We are also enjoying the Olympics everyday and are learning about Great Britian, the many different nations that are represented, what their flags look like (boy, there are so many more than when we were kids, lol!) and keeping a medal count.  We are so proud of our Olympians!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!  :-)

Linking up with Create with Joy, Homeschool Mother's Journal and Weekly Wrap-Up

13 comments:

Mrs. Nerdy said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Blessings to you my friend :)

Jen said...

Happy Anniversary Lisa! I love your little gal's piggie helping her :) Looks like a great week!

Lisa said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Anonymous said...

A beautiful week:)Happy Anniversary!

Emmalee I. Hoggatt said...

What a great week!

Karen said...

Happy Anniversary Lisa! Loved your peas. :) And your Mall looks very similar to ours with the Merry go round. The weeks are just rolling by aren't they!??

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary!

We've been picking lots of cucumbers too! LOVE 'em! (But I can't wait for the corn and potatoes! LOL)

Great plane!

We've been watching SOME of the Olympics. With only an antenna for the TV - old school, I know! LOL - some days/nights it's been hard to watch. Pretty neat though, huh?

Desiree said...

I love reading about all these families going to chick-fil-a, I wish we had one close to us! What a fun week.

Aloha Acres said...

Happy Anniversary.

momto8 said...

happy anniversary!! and please thank your husband (and you and your whole family) for your service. Our entire family prays for him and all of our troop every single night.

Judy Hoch said...

Congratulations to you and your husband on your anniversary!
We went to Chick-fil-A this week, too. :-)

Leah Courtney said...

I love malls with a carousel. :-) Happy Anniversary to you and your husband this week!

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary!! I hope you have a lovely time celebrating!!