Another gem of a recipe my children made in their 4H Microwave Cooking class was Apple Crisp. You can use any fruit you like.
5 cups sliced apples
3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
1 cup flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter or margarine
In mixing bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon.
Cut in butter/margarine until crumbly. Set aside. Place the apple slices in a 2-quart casserole dish.
Sprinkle oatmeal mixture evenly over the apples.
Microwave on high (100%) for 15 minutes, rotating dish one-quarter turn every 5 minutes (if you do not have a rotating disk on the bottom).
Enjoy! :-)
Linking up with the Gathering Spot, Kids in the Kitchen, Domestically Divine Tuesday, Raising Mighty Arrows,Addicted to Recipes, Homemaking Wednesdays, Living Well Wednesday,NOBH, Judy H-J's Thoughts, Wisdom Wednesday , Favorite Things, Modest Mom, Full Plate Thursday and Melt in your Mouth Monday and Show Off Friday and Tuesday's Table and Look What We Did and Titus 2sday, Mom's Monday Mingle, Monday Mingle, Crafty Spices, Better Mom,Create with Joy, Thursday's Treasures, Tasty Thursdays and Wonderful Food Wednesday and Mondays with Countrified Hicks and Tuesday How to Party and the Tried and True Recipe Party and Kids and Mom in the Kitchen and Family Fun Friday and Clever Chicks Blog Hop andAll My Bloggy Friends and Hearts for Home Blog Hop and Foodie Friends Friday and Family Fun Friday and TGIF Linky Party and Food on Friday andHip Homeschool Moms, A Wise Woman Builds Her Home andGood Tastes Tuesday and Thriving Thursday and Friday Flash Blog Hop
Don't miss a thing! Subscribe to Home to 4 Kiddos by Email and get our posts sent right to your inbox!
9 comments:
Love it, Lisa....pinned.
I made one similar this Fall that was pretty simple, but I really like the microwave - ability of this. Then I got lazy and just bought the apple crisp "kit" they have in the supermarket. It was one of those weeks and I needed easy and fast....
just add water.:)
Thx for sharing!
xoxoxox
Oh, I will have to try that. I know my hubby will like it! Pinning! :)
How fun to be able to make apple crisp in the microwave! My sister doesn't have an oven in her rented room. She loves recipes that don't involve the oven.
I have a TON of frozen apples and some gluten-free oats in the cabinet. I think this might be on the docket for today!!! Great recipe!! Thanks for sharing! YUM! :) Blessings, Annette
I have a TON of frozen apples and some gluten-free oats in the cabinet. I think this might be on the docket for today!!! Great recipe!! Thanks for sharing! YUM! :) Blessings, Annette
I like the idea of using the microwave, especially when I don't want to wait long until I eat it.
I had no idea you could make apple crisp in the microwave! Very cool.
G'day! I never knew this could be made in the microwave, true!
I can almost smell it from here! YUM too!
Cheers! Joanne
Viewed as part of Foodie Friends Friday Anything Goes Party
http://www.whatsonthelist.net
Your Apple Crisp looks wonderful, we would just love it! Thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a very special week!
Miz Helen
Post a Comment