Here is yet another delicious recipe that my kids made in their 4H cooking class. We came back and made it at home and it was a hit. :-)
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 tablespoons flour
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 cup milk
1/2 cup shredded cheese (I used a combination of Colby Jack and American)
Melt butter in microwave using a 4-cup glass measuring cup on Medium (50%) for 45-60 seconds. Stir in flour and seasonings until smooth. Stir in milk. Microwave on High (100%) for 6-8 minutes, until thickened, stirring every minute. Add cheese, stir until melted.
Enjoy!
Linking up with the Gathering Spot, Kids in the Kitchen, Domestically Divine Tuesday, Raising Mighty Arrows,Addicted to Recipes, Homemaking Wednesdays, Living Well Wednesday,NOBH, Judy H-J's Thoughts, Wisdom Wednesday , Favorite Things, Modest Mom, Full Plate Thursday and Melt in your Mouth Monday and Show Off Friday and Tuesday's Table and Look What We Did and Titus 2sday, Mom's Monday Mingle, Monday Mingle, Crafty Spices, Better Mom,Create with Joy, Thursday's Treasures, Tasty Thursdays and Wonderful Food Wednesday and Mondays with Countrified Hicks and Tuesday How to Party and the Tried and True Recipe Party and Kids and Mom in the Kitchen and Family Fun Friday and Clever Chicks Blog Hop andAll My Bloggy Friends and Hearts for Home Blog Hop and Foodie Friends Friday and Family Fun Friday and TGIF Linky Party and Food on Friday andHip Homeschool Moms, A Wise Woman Builds Her Home andGood Tastes Tuesday and Thriving Thursday and Friday Flash Blog Hop
Don't miss a thing!
Subscribe to Home to 4 Kiddos by Email and get our posts sent right to your inbox!
9 comments:
This sounds a lot like the white sauce recipe I got from the Fanny Farmer cookbook (circa 1940s). it is delicious. Also great for mac and cheese. Have a wonderful Christmas!
Looks and sounds delicious! I like using colby jack in the sauce!!
We like that sauce but I've never made it myself.
Would love to try
Have a great holiday!!
Looks great! I love making my own white sauces, once I started I never went back to the jar- thanks for sharing!!!
~Heather
I love, love, love anything with alfredo sauce. I always have to buy the jar sauce, but now I'll definitely be trying this one. I love finding homemade versions so that I know exactly what's in it. Thanks for sharing at Food on Friday.
I have never made alfredo sauce before. This is one we will have to try. Thanks for linking up at Kids and a Mom in the Kitchen!
So, now the question is, can I substitute corn starch for the flour and does alfredo sauce go good on anything besides pasta?
Isn't it funny how the Father works just earlier I was thinking about a recipe for Alfredo sauce, and low and behold there it was on the Clever Chicks Blog Hop. Pinning for future use.
I've never made my own Alfredo sauce but this looks super easy! I'll have to give it a try! Thanks for linking up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party! I have pinned your post to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Board.
This is such a great recipe to have handy. I know I should have it memorized by now but I always have to look it up so thank you for posting it!
Thanks for linking up with the FrugalMommas team!
Post a Comment