Friday, December 20, 2013

Homeschool Mother's Journal/Weekly Wrap-Up December 21

Another week over and we are now done school until the new year!  Yay!  :-)  Kiddos 1 and 2 finished their Algebra mid-term exam and thus begins our Christmas vacation. (that means I have 4 days to finish getting ready and I am NOT ready yet!!)  :-)

What non-Algebra was accomplished this week?  lol.  We continued our Jesse Tree ornaments/study as well as reading special and meaningful books.  There was math for Kiddos 3 and 4 as well as grammar and reading.  But, they thought that Christmas baking and the taking of our Christmas card photos were much more fun.  :-)




There was also more cold and snowy weather and we thought that our Advent prayer service at Church would have to be cancelled.  It wasn't, and it was absolutely beautiful.  Kiddo #4 volunteered to help, and she got to hold a basket of votive candles as the congregation came up and each took one to bring back to their places and illuminate.  I read at the service and was humbled at the opportunity.

We had our last classes at church for the year on Thursday and Kiddos 1 and 2, as well as the other volunteer teen helpers, were remembered with gift cards.  I thought that was very sweet.  We teachers, who are also volunteers, lol, were given a lovely statue of the Holy Family from our pastor.

On Friday afternoon, as I continued to bake, my mom took the four children out for an annual shopping outing.  It is a very special one, because the kids get to pick out gifts to give to each other, as well as to my husband and I and my parents.  They always come home very excited and eager to wrap up their surprises.  It warms my heart that they are so very enthusiastic about giving.  Kiddo #4 went along for the ride, but if you remember, she made everyone a gift in sewing class and has already wrapped them secretly in her room.  :-) 

My posts this week:

What we are looking forward to this coming week:
Christmas!!!  :-)

Have a very blessed and beautiful Christmas with your families and friends!







Don't miss a thing! Subscribe to Home to 4 Kiddos by Email and get our posts sent right to your inbox!

4 comments:

Leah Courtney said...

I'm looking forward to Christmas vacation too!

Unknown said...

Busy for sure this time of year. Enjoy the rest of the year off, and I'll see you in the New Year.
Thanks for Linking up "This Week" at Great Peace Academy.

As He Leads is Joy said...

I love the idea of shopping with grandma. That sounds like a fun memory for your kids. Merry Christmas.

Deb J. in Utah said...

What a lovely week! Have a very Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year!