Saturday, December 28, 2013

Christmas Memories

We had a beautiful Christmas.  The only problem was that hubby was sick in bed.  He was able to get out of bed by the next afternoon and had a belated celebration with the kiddos.

Christmas started for us on Christmas Eve with church.  It was SO beautiful!  The kiddos were decked in their best attire.  :-)



Celebrating Christ's birth is always special, but when you hear hundreds of people all singing carols together with all of the splendor around you, it is very touching and makes it all hit home.  The Word became Flesh and dwelt among us......


What really impressed me on Christmas morning is that the children didn't want to go see their gifts until they exchanged with each other.  Isn't that awesome?  They went out shopping with my mom, as I mentioned in a previous post, to buy gifts for each other.  Kiddo #4 made everyone a homemade gift in sewing class.


Kiddo #1 didn't want to buy Kiddo #2 a gift.  He wanted to make him a gift.  He designed a cabinet himself and enlisted hubby's help to make the sketches become a reality.  It came out absolutely gorgeous!  Can you see it under the gifts?  :-)


Everyone enjoyed the morning playing with their favorite gifts.  Those included airplanes


trains


calico critters


and all things football


Even Mittens wanted to join in on the fun


We had a wonderful dinner and enjoyed all kinds of yummy desserts.

I hope you all had a wonderful, blessed and beautiful Christmas with your families!  If you didn't read the Christmas poem I shared on Christmas Eve, you can click here to read it.  I know you will like it.




Don't miss a thing! Subscribe to Home to 4 Kiddos by Email and get our posts sent right to your inbox!

2 comments:

Michelle aka Naila Moon said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful family and Christmas 2013 memories.

Deb J. in Utah said...

What a great Christmas! I love the cabinet your son built for his brother. How nice that your children were so excited to give to and share with each other! Looks like you had a wonderful day. I didn't go to mass this Christmas Eve, but told my husband I want to go next year and he said he wants to come with me! Our church doesn't hold services on Christmas Eve so I am looking forward to going to mass at the Catholic Church in our town - St. Anne's. Happy New Year to you and your family. Hope you husband is much better soon!