I truly cannot believe that another week has come and gone, but it was a good one and I am grateful.
If there were two prevailing themes this week, they would be snow and Advent. We have gotten snow three times already and have been decorating, baking and preparing for Christmas.
(putting out the manger scene)
Our special focus on Advent continued with our Jesse Tree ornaments (chronicles the genealogy of Jesus) and reading special stories. Sometimes the kiddos like to do the reading. (or mom coerces them to, lol)
There was also preparing for Kiddo #3's birthday. His sister baked him a chocolate fudge cake in an elephant pan. For those of you who don't know him, he just LOVES elephants. :-)
His special wish was to spend his birthday at the zoo. It was 25 degrees, but we bundled up, braved the elements and had much fun. (thank goodness to indoor places to visit to warm up!)
Yes, there was still reading, Algebra and other subjects being done (not too much fun photographing kids doing their math, lol), but there is definitely a different spirit in the air- one of anticipation, preparation and joy and we are trying to enjoy every moment.
Posts this week:
Homemade Coffee Cake (delicious and super easy in the microwave!!)
What we are looking forward to this coming week:
Advent prayer service at church on Tuesday
Finishing up schoolwork for 2013
More baking, reading and Advent fun
Linking up today with: Homeschool Mother's Journal, Weekly Wrap-Up, Show-Off Friday, Learn and Link and It's a Wrap, Friendship Friday and Friday Connection and Family Fun Friday and T.G.I.F. Linky Party and Let's Homeschool High School and This Week
Don't miss a thing! Subscribe to Home to 4 Kiddos by Email and get our posts sent right to your inbox!
5 comments:
How sweet of your daughter to bake a b-day cake for her brother. I think going to the zoo in winter is fun. :)
Thanks for linking up at Great Peace Academy.
It looks like you all enjoyed the snow (although I'm pretty glad we don't have much here!) I love reading about everyone's Advent celebrations!
Wow, what a snow storm! We are shoveling sunshine out here, but sometimes I do miss the snow - at least for a few minutes ;-) Have a wonderful week as you continue with your Advent celebration.
Lovely snow! We got a week of freezing temps, but no snow which was a very big bummer.
Lisa
LOVE LOVE the tree...we'll put ours up on Sunday...the weekend before Christmas.Yours is beautiful.
One more purchase on amaz today.
Will use your link today!
xoxoxo
C
Post a Comment