In my life/homeschool this week: Monday was music lessons for all 4 kiddos. It is getting a bit more challenging with Spring Fever hitting to make sure everyone gets their practice time in. We definitely are going to be working on it! :-) I posted Kiddo #4's First Holy Communion photos on Monday. You can see them here.
Tuesday brought more rainy weather, so it was bowling instead of baseball. Kiddo #4 scored a 104 and a 119! She does this with one of her stuffed animal pigs under her arm to boot! This week it was Sam. (all of her pigs have a name that starts with p, i, g or s. Go figure! lol) Kiddo #2 didn't feel like bowling this week. I was surely proud of him that he brought along some schoolwork to finish! Gotta love that!
I also hosted my weekly recipe linkup. I shared my Crockpot Omelette recipe. There are lots of other good recipes there, as well. You can see them all here.
Wednesday was an "ordinary" day. I wrote about how the ordinary, when really appreciated and cherished can become "extraordinary" in the post entitled "Look What we Did."
Our "ordinary" day consisted, among other things, of some Khan Academy videos followed by Power Points, research for projects and reading.
On Thursday, the kiddos worked on their math, handwriting and research projects. Kiddo #1 and I were asked to help out with a funeral at church. I wrote about how this not only has been a good lesson in service, but in being thankful for the lives of others. Read about it here in my Thankful Thursday post.
Thursday afternoon and evening also had Kiddo #4's sewing lesson (wait till you see the beautiful pajamas she is making for her My Twinn doll!), classes at Church and Kiddo #1's Civil Air Patrol meeting. Thursdays are getting to be pretty busy days. :-)
What will Friday hold? I will do my best to come up with something spontaneous and fun to end the kiddos' week.
What I'm reading: 31 Days to Clean: Having a Martha House the Mary Way, A Mother's Rule of Life
A favorite photo or quote to share: "Prayer increases the strength and spiritual unity of the family, helping families to partake of God's own strength. Prayer needs to become a regular habit in the daily lives of each family."--Pope John Paul II
"Kept aloof from God? Why should you avoid so tender a parent-a Savior, who has poured out the last drop of his blood for you? Nay, rather turn and meet Him who has been running after you so long." - Saint Francis of Girolamo
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same."-- Ronald Reagan
Kiddo #1 caught this photo one afternoon. A sign that despite this rainy, cool and fall like weather, spring is here. :-)
Something else special to share: Last week, I was privileged to take part in a wonderful blog series on Motherhood. Theresa at Red Oak Lane, as a Mother's Day gift to all of our readers, compiled all of the series in a free e-book. Click on the button below to download your free e-book, which includes all of the posts. Taking part in the series and reading all of the posts has been a great blessing to me. I hope it will be for you, as well! Happy Mother's Day!
I am linking up today with Homeschool Mother's Journal and Weekly Wrap-Up

11 comments:
Yay, robins! We love them, and all our bajillion birds.
Bowling! Whoop! How mature of your son to bring along his work to the alley!
LOL P, I, G and S, huh? Very creative of her! Love the piggy!
Love the quotes. Your blog looks great. It has changed since the last time I stoped by. Have a great week! Stoping by from the Hoggatt Homeschool via the HSMJ
What a full week! What music lessons are your kids taking this year?
I read 31 days to clean earlier this year...changed the way I keep the state of my fridge!
we could actually use both rain and cool around here- you know I think it hit 100 today!!!?? felt like it - I'm sure it's not a true statement ;) We are about to start the Kids bowl free program!!! love it! wish we could play together
So it sounds like your son joined Civil Air Patrol? That's great--I hope he enjoys it as much as my son does.
Love the Reagan quote! Sadly, America forgets all too quickly.
And I'd love to know what you think of 31 Days to Clean. I've been wanting to read it. :-)
Another great week! I love the pig! Too cute.
I bookmarked your Omelette recipe. That just sounds so good. Yup, Khan Academy rocks!
We love Robins. Keilee especially loves big fat ones. :) Great picture. Happy weekend Lisa!
Love the bird picture.
Love that picture yout 1st took great job!
Busy week. I enjoyed reading "A Mother's Rule of Life". It gave me a push in a positive direction. I'll have check out your recipe link-up. A crockpot omelette sounds fantastic.
Oh my goodness! What gems there are here. It sounds like your children are doing very well in school and in becoming wonderful people. Good job Mom! I also saw that you have been reading a book on my "to-read" list - I am more "Mary" by nature and am always trying to cultivate a Martha spirit in all I do. Thank you so much for sharing your week with us. I enjoyed reading it and can't wait to delve a little deeper with the links it contains. Thanks for linking up with NOBH too! Smiles -
Post a Comment