I am thankful for fellow bloggers like Theresa at Red Oak Lane who inspire and encourage me with their posts. She wrote in her post about doing what is best for her children and homeschool, no matter what. We must do what works for our family. We cannot let the thoughts/comments of others affect us. No one knows or loves our children like we do. We need to embrace the freedom that the lifestyle provides us and allow our children to grow and thrive. For some, it is "school at home" with textbooks, workbooks and structured lessons; for others, it is more of "unschooling" with an interest-led hands-on approach with games, activities and field-trips. Neither is wrong, neither is right. Each parent decides how their children learn best. And that is the way it should be. :-)
I am thankful for surprises like the one photographed below. "Breakfast" was on the table and school work was started by the time I even came downstairs. :-)))))
I am thankful that Kiddo #1 is learning the value of saving his money. He has been doing some little side jobs and has always given us the money to add to his savings account. We let him buy something for himself with some of his birthday gifts. He learned how to find the best deal and even got free, overnight shipping, lol! He very proudly took it out flying as soon as the batteries were charged.
I am thankful for creative ideas to get the kids motivated. My dad promised a special "surprise" treat to anyone who finishes 4 pages of math. I have never seen kids so eager to get their math done! :-)
Hope everyone is having a wonderful Thursday!
6 comments:
Hey, I came across your blog from Red Oak Lane. Home schooling mamas inspire me! Have a blessed day!
I too am thankful for the freedom homeschool gives us. The learning opportunities are endless! Loved reading your list of thanks!
www.toshowthemjesus.com
Me, I'm thankful for you! Those smiling faces and the way....you keep encouraging and loving...no matter what life throws at you!!!!
Thank you, first of all, for linking up. Thank you also for understanding my heart :)
I love this post! I so needed to hear this today. I was finishing up portfolios for the year this evening and started feeling like I didn't do enough of this or did too much of the other. I so dislike when I get into the comparing mode, which happens more often than I would like to admit. Have a great weekend!
Totally thankful for everyday moments that add up to exceptional moments :) Happy Friday!
Post a Comment