Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Look! What We Did Wednesday May 16

On Sunday, our family went to see the movie "Chimpanzee."  I wrote all about it here.  It was an awesome film, and we learned so much.  So, of course, as a homeschooling mom, I am thinking of how I can make lessons out of it!  I searched and found quite a bit of educational resources online from Disney regarding the film.  So, we made our own chimpanzee masks, compared the size of our feet to chimpanzee feet, as well as our arms.  We learned the difference between monkeys and apes (many of which I didn't know!) and about all of the different creatures who call the African rainforest home.  And this is only the beginning, there are 2 dozen lessons left!  :-)





These resources can be found by clicking on the links below:

There is a 19 page activity guide for kids, a 135 page educator guide with over 2 weeks of detailed lesson plans with actvities, worksheets, project ideas, etc., lots of "fun facts" sheets and other goodies.  There is also a "making of" facts sheet we found fascinating.

What an awesome find!  :-)

I am linking up with Look! What we Did! and Favorite Resources



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute! Great ideas!

Susan said...

Great ideas! Thanks for sharing with Look What We Did, and for planning to link at Favorite Resources :)
(the link for the most recent Favorite Resources list: http://thegettys.blogspot.com/2012/05/favorite-resources-may-11-2012.html)

Karen said...

What a great idea! I love the idea of movies and learning tying together. We want to see this and I will use your links Lisa!