Sunday, May 13, 2012

Make Life Meaningful Monday- May 14

Yesterday was Mother's Day and it was a wonderful day!  :-)

It started with the kiddos coming in and waking me up to choruses of "Happy Mother's Day Mom!"  We all went to Church together and came home and enjoyed lunch while watching a baseball game. (Yay, our Phillies won!)  :-)

We all went to see a movie called "Chimpanzee."  Have you seen it?  What a wonderful film!  I checked it out earlier in the day on "Plugged in Online.com" and was reassured that there was nothing in it that we would find offensive or inappropriate for children and they were right!  What an incredible production.  The film crew follows a newborn chimp with his mom, his clan, and ultimately, his adoption by a very unlikely hero.  I won't go into any more details, in case you haven't seen it and want to, but it was a heartwarming, funny, encouraging and educational documentary.  I have already downloaded some educational materials from the film's website and guess what we're going to be doing on Monday?  lol. 

I wanted to get a photo of the kiddos and I when everyone was all dressed up for church, but failed to mention it to the kiddos and no sooner we walked in the house, the play clothes were on anyway.  :-)  So, instead, I have a right before bed, we are all tired, half in our pajamas photo.  But, it is just as precious and probably a whole lot more natural anyway.


I also got one with my mom.  :-)


The day ended with Kiddo #4 giving me a Mother's Day present of a special power point presentation.  It was a gift I will cherish forever!  :-)


I am linking up with Michelle at her link-up Make Life Meaningful Monday.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa,
I am happy that you had a wonderful Mother's Day! The pictures are lovely! Take care and have a good week.
Judy

Carrie said...

Oh, Lisa! The photos are precious and I love how one of the kids made a presentation for you :) That's why I love the photo videos - it is a forever keepsake that you can watch over and over again! Blessings and Happy Mother's Day - everyday!

Anonymous said...

sounds like a great mother's day!!! Happy Mother's Day to you!

Christina said...

A power point? What a treasure! Sounds like a wonderful day. Blessings!

Unknown said...

really great weekend- Happy Mothers Day!!! are you in a group for Prov 31? Amanda and I are leading a group if you want to join us!!! you are also welcome to link your prov 31 posts with us!

Michelle @ Changed By The Maker said...

Hi Lisa,
Sounds like you are loved! You must be doing something right! We have not seen Chimpanzee yet, but I have at least heard of it, and we also use Plugged In to preview movies. You just never know what you might find on the screen otherwise!

Have a great week, Lisa, and thanks for linking up with me!

Karen said...

Sounds like you had a great Mother's Day Lisa! I'm glad you liked the movie. I want to take Keilee, it looks so good!