In my life/homeschool this week: Last Friday was a good day. We were able to help out with the setting up of our church's flea market. Of course, the kiddos enjoyed taking a break to find a new "pigie" toy or to try out a skateboard, lol. :-)
We were finished in time to get to the field to our make-up baseball game. It was raining last Tuesday, so it was rescheduled to Friday, one of the only sunny days of the week.
Sunday was Kiddo #1's 14th birthday. I wrote my thoughts and reflections the occasion here.
Monday was music lessons all around. We also did another fun chimpanzee activity. This time we were learning about all of the amazing creatures that call the rainforest home and how so many different animals live at different heights.
Tuesday was another rainy day, so there was no baseball. Our final game/picnic was rescheduled for next week since it was forecasted that it was going to rain ALL week.....(which it did, btw!) :-(
The kids weren't up for bowling, either, so it was a get some work done kind of rainy day.
I hosted my weekly recipe linkup. I shared my Shepherd's Pie in the Crockpot recipe. There were a lot of great recipes shared.
On Wednesday, Kiddos #3 and 4 surprised me with "breakfast" on the table and getting a headstart on their work. I wrote more about it in my Thankful Thursday post.
We also enjoyed doing a special activity on the Pentecost.
On Thursday, we learned some about the food chain in the rainforest and how the chimpanzees play an important role in that. It was another fun activity from our activity guide.
We also had our last night of classes at church tonight. My little first graders were so sweet! I received some very nice little gifts and lots of hugs and "I'll miss you." Very precious. I'll miss them, too.
Kiddo #1 was issued his uniform at Civil Air Patrol tonight. Ok, so I got a bit misty-eyed thinking of him wearing it. He is definitely growing up. Now, I'll have a husband and son in camoflage! :-)
Not quite sure what Friday will hold, but I think that the surprise "treat" that the kiddos were promised yesterday just may be lunch out with Pop, so that will be fun and I will get to enjoy it, as well. :-)
What I'm reading: 31 Days to Clean: Having a Martha House the Mary Way, A Mother's Rule of Life
Who I'm praying for: Those who are ill, suffering, out of work, our nation and those who have fought and died for her. I am planning a special post on Monday in honor of Memorial Day.
A quote or photo to share: "And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me."~Lee Greenwood
"Although no sculptured marble should rise to their memory, nor engraved stone bear record of their deeds, yet will their remembrance be as lasting as the land they honored." ~Daniel Webster
The way Kiddo #4 was leaning on her brother as they were playing a game was too precious not to share. :-)
Linking up with Homeschool Mother's Journal, Weekly Wrap-Up, and NOBH


6 comments:
Oh, I hear you on the rain. All the weather forecasting websites for this areas says that yesterday through next Thursday were going to be sunny 70s. Guess what? Yesterday AND today it's POURING RAIN! It's been raining A LOT lately, but we're trying to take advantage of the sunny days!
LOVE that last photo! What a cute "Kodak moment"!
Happy birthday to the 14-year-old!
Oh, I get misty-eyed seeing the uniform too! You must be so proud of him! Interestingly, we talked about the rain forests too - because we've been reading about chocolate making and cacao trees! Loved reading about your week. Enjoy the long weekend and be sure to thank your husband for his service from all of us :)
That is such a sweet picture at the bottom! I hope next week isn't so rainy.
Oh and to think I cried over t-ball practice. I can't even imagine my babies growing that fast.
We'll take some of that rain if you want to send it our way:) A great week for sure! And I get misty eyed every time I think of the kids growing up.
14! the years go so fast, don't they? our oldest, our twin boys, will turn 12 next month...seems like yesterday that we brought them home. stopping by from HMJ link up! ~~Katie from Brighton park
Post a Comment