Monday, July 1, 2013

Try a New Recipe Tuesday- July 2



This week I am sharing my Meatless Chili recipe.  It was awesome to make it with almost all home-canned ingredients! :-)


1 can (or home-canned jar!) of black beans
1 can (or home-canned jar!) of kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (or home-canned jar!) of garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
1 small can (approx. 16 oz) of vegetable baked beans (I will learn to home-can these someday!  lol)
1 can  (or home-canned jar!) of diced tomatoes with celery and pepper
1 can (or home-canned jar!) of corn
(if you use cans from the store, they are all approx. 15 oz.)
1 onion chopped
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried basil

Mix all ingredients together and bake covered at 350 degrees F for approximately one hour.
You can also put in the crockpot for 4-5 hours on low or 2 on high.  As a variation, during the last few minutes in the oven, you can sprinkle it with some shredded cheese.


I always serve this with a warm loaf of my home-baked bread.  Yummy!  :-)


Now it's time for this week's features:





Best Jigglers Ever from Through the Calm and Through the Storm

P.S.  Are you on FB?  We'd love for you to stop by and "like" our page!  :-)

Linking up with the Gathering SpotKids in the Kitchen, Tasty TuesdayTempt my Tummy TuesdayDomestically Divine Tuesday, Raising Mighty Arrows,Addicted to RecipesHomemaking Wednesdays, Living Well Wednesday,NOBH, Judy H-J's ThoughtsWisdom Wednesday , Favorite ThingsModest MomFull Plate Thursday and Melt in your Mouth Monday and Show Off Friday and Tuesday's Table and Look What We Did and Titus 2sday Mom's Monday MingleMonday MingleCrafty SpicesBetter Mom,Create with JoyThursday's TreasuresTasty Thursdays and Wonderful Food Wednesday and Mondays with Countrified Hicks and Tuesday How to Party and the Tried and True Recipe Party and Kids and Mom in the Kitchen and Family Fun Friday and Clever Chicks Blog Hop andAll My Bloggy Friends and Hearts for Home Blog Hop and Foodie Friends Friday and Family Fun Friday and TGIF Linky Party


15 comments:

Laura said...

Thanks so much for featuring my Healthy Chocolate Peppermint Candy recipe this week! I can't wait to check out all the other great recipes :)

YummyInspirations said...

Thank you for featuring my eggs post from last week! Have a lovely week. :)

Winnie said...

Meatless chili sounds good to me (I'm a vegetarian). It is something I should try
Thank you for the recipe and for the party. I wish you a wonderful 4th of July :)

Mamal Diane said...

Thanks for the party! Have a wonderful 4th!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the feature my friend!!

Joy said...

Hi, Lisa! Thanks for another great party! And thanks for letting us know you are on Facebook- I have liked your page from my personal page so it "counts", lol!

Love, Joy
Yesterfood

Anonymous said...

thanks so much for featuring our pepperoni puffs!

Unknown said...

I hope you have a delicious 4th!

Miz Helen said...

We just love a great veggie chili, it sounds really good. Hope you have a great 4th of July Celebration and thanks for hosting!
Miz Helen

Bridget7575 said...

Thanks for hosting and wishing you and your family a Happy 4th of July!

Unknown said...

Looks great Lisa! I am now a fan of your Facebook Page. I also have a Facebook Fan Page. Have a wonderful day.

Morsels of Life | CJ Huang said...

Thanks for hosting, Lisa! Happy fourth. :)

Miz Helen said...

Hi Lisa,
Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great week!
Come Back Soon,
Miz Helen

Catherine Fuller said...

My hubby doesn't like it when I try new recipes, but you have given me a challenge and I can't resist! Seriously, I love your blog. Ty for taking the time to do it.

fromcalculustocupcakes said...

This sounds so easy and healthy. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday!