Saturday, July 13, 2013

Homeschool Mother's Journal/Weekly Wrap-Up July 12

Ok, it's past the 12th, but time's relative, right?  ;-)


On Monday, Kiddo #4 started a little summer camp (only 2 1/2 hours) at her old preschool.  In fact, all of my kiddos graduated from this preschool.  The summer camp was expanded this year to allow children up to 10 years old.  This week for her age group was "movie" week.  The kids actually wrote and filmed their own production that we all got to see at their big "premiere" event on Friday.

Kiddo also made us all cupcakes that were featured on this week's Try a New Recipe Tuesday.  You can see the recipe and all of those that were shared here.



On Tuesday, we had our Italian lesson.  We played "Tombola," which is Italian for bingo.  I made up the cards with the verbs the kiddos have been studying.  The teacher loved them.  :-)


This hot and humid days have called for lots of swimming


On Wednesday, we made homemade playdoh.  I'll share the recipe on Tuesday.  The kiddos had fun.



and of course, more swimming....lol


I had a lot of dental work done on Wednesday and was pretty sore, so breakfast for dinner was a great soft idea!  :-)


The baby groundhogs are doing well.  We see them almost every day.  Some of you asked how they were doing, so I thought I'd share a couple of pictures of how big they're getting.  Hubby put plexiglass around the garden and the little fellas have been kept pretty full with the clover that has been growing in the backyard.  How can you complain when you get free and non-toxic weed killers?  ;-)



I also posted my Thankful Thursday post that you can see here.

On Friday, Kiddo #4's camp class had their big movie premiere.  It was really sweet.  In the film, the kids had to solve the mystery of where all of the stuffed animals had gone.  There were clues abound and those little critters got all over the place; some were enjoying the library, bowling alley (yes, there is a small bowling alley in the church hall, believe it or not.  My kids started preschool there 12 years ago and I never knew about it until now, lol!), kitchen, etc.  The teacher set up a "red carpet" for the kids and each got to make a star with their handprints.  Too sweet.


It was a rainy and nasty afternoon, so we enjoyed some board games and had indoor fun.


On Saturday evening, we witnessed the most amazing sunset with the most vibrant and beautiful colors.  Thanks to Kiddo #3 for noticing it and urging us all outside.  Can't help but make you think about how many fleeting moments of beauty or wonder that we miss because of our "busy-ness."



I hope you all have had a wonderful week!

The winner of the Schoolhouse Planner giveaway was entry #48- Bridget Green.  Congratulations, Bridget!  I have sent you an email!  :-)

Have a great rest of your weekend!

Linking up today with:  Homeschool Mother's JournalWeekly Wrap-UpNOBHShow-Off FridayLearn and Link and It's a WrapFriendship Friday and Friday Connection and Family Fun Friday and T.G.I.F. Linky Party

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That movie making camp sounds awesome!

Those sunset photos are stunning!

Deb J. in Utah said...

You have had a great week. Hope you are recovering from your dental work. I love the cute baby ground hogs and your daughter's day camp sounds great. So neat that she can go back to her old pre-school. I'm sure that was fun for her. We are loving our pool in the hot weather too. Looking forward to a great week ahead! We are back from vacation so I am hoping I will finally get to join try-anew-recipe Tuesday!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a beautiful week! My girls would love movie camp:)

The baby groundhogs are so cute! We found one on our porch a couple of weeks ago, but he has since then found his mama:)

Blessings!

Meghan Carver said...

The groundhogs are adorable, and the sunset breathtaking. I always love your pictures!