Friday, June 28, 2013

Homeschool Mother's Journal/Weekly Wrap-Up June 28

A fun summer week here at the Home to 4 Kiddos.  :-)

Last Friday, Kiddo #4 and I spent a special afternoon together.  I wrote all about it here where you can also see more photos.


On Saturday, Kiddo #1 took a regular box and made an airplane out of it that he intends to fly.  He even installed a propeller and motor!  This boy can make ANYTHING into a working airplane!  :-)



Kiddo #4 made us all a treat, Chocolate Chip Sugar Cookies, which I shared on this week's Try a New Recipe Tuesday.  If you would like to see the recipe or all of the others that were shared, you can click here.


There were also fun badminton games


and the AMAZING Super Moon



Kiddo #3 made us a presentation on the Dumbo movie.  He recorded the audio of the entire film and then took his own photos and made his own animations/illustrations on Power Point to go along with it.  Just brilliant and quite entertaining.  :-)



They have even swam everyday always being able to get in their time before the daily thunderstorms...





On Thursday, Kiddo #4 made a pillow for Kiddo #1 in her sewing class.  It was his birthday last month and she wanted to make sure that she made him something special, even if it was belated.  :-)


I also would like to thank the staff at Teacher Certification Degrees dot com for selecting my blog for inclusion on their "Top 100 Homeschool Blogs." list.

It was a wonderful week for which I am grateful.

A quote to share:  "There are two educations.  One should teach us how to make a living and the other how to live."-- John Adams

"....(Every child) should read books that furnish him with ideas that will be useful to him in life and practice."--Noah Webster



12 comments:

k balman said...

What a great week!

Leah Courtney said...

Looks like a good week. I am very impressed with the paper box airplane!

Leah Courtney said...

Looks like a good week. I am very impressed with the paper box airplane!

purple squirrel said...

wow... paper box airplane! what sort of motor and propeller? (Curious minds want to know...)

Very productive, fun week!

Jen said...

Awesome week!!! Cool plane and great job on the pillow ;)

Angela W. said...

Love the airplane!

Unknown said...

that cardboard airplane is just "plain" cool! can't wait to show this to Ben!

Meghan Carver said...

Your moon was gorgeous! You got a great picture.

Unknown said...

Love the airplane! How awesome is that?! My daughter loves to help in the kitchen too, mostly she will make brownies! Great week! Ohh and great picture of the Super Moon!

Anonymous said...

Looks like another beautiful week! now that is some airplane! I'll have to show the girls:) Love that you got in some swim time...we did too:) Have a great week:)

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wow,I love that airplane. You guys sure do some great projects! Looks like you are all having a good summer so far. I had to take my old blog private due to some cyber security issues so I started anew with a brand new blog. Link is below. Feel free to visit, comment and follow along! Have a happy July 4th!
http://dayinthelife2013.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

What a beautiful and talented family! Thanks for sharing at Family Fun Friday!

Monica
http://happyandblessedhome.com