Thursday, June 6, 2013

Thankful Thursday- June 6

On this day, I am thankful for many things, big and small.  It really helps put everything into perspective when you always look to be grateful.  There are gifts all around us.  We just need to take the time to see and receive them, like


my son volunteering to clean my car




and his big brother stepping up to help




and the kids deciding to make a water park out of the backyard just because






that two of our butterflies have emerged from their chrysalis




that the local farm was able to sell me a large amount of peas at a wholesale price


and being able to can the peas together as a family so we will have fresh, healthy and delicious food to eat for months to come




I am also thankful for all of the support and votes I have received in the Circle of Moms contest.  I ask that you please click on the link below to vote for my blog.  You can vote once a day until June 13th.  It is such a close race.  :-)




And on this June 6, as an American, I am extremely grateful for the enormous sacrifice that was made 69 years ago today on the beaches of France.  Young men, with their entire lives before them, gave the ultimate sacrifice so that the European continent and the world could be freed from tyranny, oppression and occupation by evil and that all generations to come can continue to live in freedom.  Let us never forget.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa,
I am trying to contact you but don't see your email anywhere on your site. I have a great idea for a product review that you could maybe do for me and my family. Would you please contact me at resourcefulgals@gmail.com?
Thanks so much,
Gloria Erickson
resourcefulgals.blogspot.com

Michelle aka Naila Moon said...

Thank you for showing us that even the smallest things we can be thankful for.

I appreciate you and thanks for linking up with me again today.

~Naila Moon
http://yaknowstuff.blogspot.com/

Kay said...

I also want to make sure you thank your hubby for his service as well.

What a great list of blessings!! Your son could whisper into my kid's ear about the van clean out ;-)

Debbie Jones said...

I am so glad you mentioned D-Day! Freedom is such a precious gift. Your kids are awesome and those fresh peas are making my mouth water! I love fresh peas on salads! Thank you for featuring my recipe. We were out of town and I am also taking summer classes this week so have been super busy and unable to to Try a New Recipe Tuesday this week. Hopefully, I will be more on top of things next week! Thanks again and have a great week!