It is time for our weekly recipe share! :-) My children and I look forward to your submissions every week!
Kiddo #4 baked a new cookie this week, a recipe that she actually came up with herself! She called them "Happy Heart Cookies" and they were REALLY good! :-)
Dough
2 sticks butter, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons light packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg
2 cups all-purpose flour
Beat the butter, powdered sugar, brown sugar and salt in large bowl. Add the egg; beat until well blended. Add the flour, 1/2 cup at a time, beating well after each addition.
Shape the dough into a disc; wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate the dough for at least a hour or until firm.
White frosting
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 tablespoons milk
Stir powdered sugar in first, butter second, vanilla third, then milk in a large bowl. Then add in pink food coloring (optional)
Take a heart shaped cookie cutter and place in dough. Place the cut outs on a greased cookie sheet.
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Then frost the cookies with frosting. You can decorate the cookies with chocolate chips.
ENJOY!
Now for today's features:
I am asking one last time for your vote of support in the Circle of Moms blog contest. There are less than 3 days remaining. Please take a moment to click on the image below. It will bring you to the voting page. It is just one click on the "vote" button next to my blog's name. That's all there is to it. Thank you SO, SO much. It is such a close race. I couldn't have made it this far in the contest without all of your support! :-) :-)
Linking up with the Gathering Spot, Kids in the Kitchen, Tasty Tuesday, Tempt my Tummy Tuesday, Domestically Divine Tuesday, Raising Mighty Arrows,Addicted to Recipes, Homemaking Wednesdays, Living Well Wednesday,NOBH, Judy H-J's Thoughts, Wisdom Wednesday , Favorite Things, Modest Mom, Full Plate Thursday and Melt in your Mouth Monday and Show Off Friday and Tuesday's Table and Look What We Did and Titus 2sday, Mom's Monday Mingle, Monday Mingle, Crafty Spices, Better Mom,Create with Joy, Thursday's Treasures, Tasty Thursdays and Wonderful Food Wednesday and Mondays with Countrified Hicks and Tuesday How to Party and the Tried and True Recipe Party and Kids and Mom in the Kitchen and Family Fun Friday and Clever Chicks Blog Hop andAll My Bloggy Friends and Hearts for Home Blog Hop and Foodie Friends Friday






23 comments:
Thank you, Lisa, for hosting and for sharing your adorable daughter in this awesome recipe post!
I hope it's ok that I also linked my son's DIT post.
God bless, friend!
Thanks so much for sharing my recipe!
What fun cookies!
Thank you very much for featuring my recipe and hosting this recipe swap!
These are sweet little cookies!!
I'd say a little chef is growing at your house :)
Thank you for the party Lisa
Thanks for the invite
Hey! I'm doing the Apologia Round up too - Congrats on the Top 25 - or Top #1 :)
Thanks for hosting, Lisa!
Your daughter must have had a lot of fun making those, they are so cute. I would love for you to stop by and link up with Kids and a Mom in the Kitchen.
http://totsandme.blogspot.com/2013/06/kids-and-mom-in-kitchen-45-butterfly.html
Have a great day!
Those Happy Heart Cookies look so good! Your daughter is very creative. Thanks a lot for hosting and have a great Tuesday Lisa.
Your daughter is very creative with her "Happy Heart Cookie"! She must be taking after her momma! I too, made a cookie this week from a recipe I found in a children's activity book about Noah's Ark. I'm not a cookie decorator by any means but it was fun! Perhaps your daughter could post a few tips ;)
Thanks so much for hosting Lisa. Hope you're having a great week!
Thanks for featuring my Philly Cheesesteak French Bread Pizza! Have a great week and thanks for hosting, Lisa!
Hi Lisa,
Great looking cookies! Have a great week and thanks for hosting!
Miz Helen
Voted for you, too! I'm visiting today from Mingle Monday. I'm following you and would luv a follow back!
~ Megin of VMG206 Google Friend Connect
Follow on Bloglovin
Join me for Link Up Parties on Tuesday and Sunday.
I shared brownies with cookie butter frosting - cookie butter is like peanut butter but made out of Biscoff cookies. It's available at Trader Joe's - called cookie butter - or at other retailers it's called Biscoff spread. I've seen the Biscoff spread at Target.
Thanks for hosting this blog hop! Have a great week full of yummy food!
http://tc-twistedfairytale.blogspot.ca/2013/06/no-fail-tea-biscuits.html
Thanks for the party! I just love your daughter's cookies! They look delicious!
I have my Give-Away Linky today, but I did want to stop by & check out your daughter's cookies & vote for you. Looks yummy, but I got more interested in her smoothy! :)) mmmm
Hi Lisa, thank you for featuring my smoothie ( just found your comment) so late this week catching up, have a lovely week :)
looks like you have a little chef in the house. I'd love if you shared this on our #kidsinthekitchen linky this week! http://lookwhatmomfound.com/2013/06/homemade-rock-candy-fail-kidsinthekitchen.html
The cookies sound delicious :) Thanks so much for sharing at All my Bloggy Friends - I can't wait to see what you share this week!
Thank you so much for sharing your great recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you have a great week and come back soon!
Miz Helen
Post a Comment