On Sunday, our faith sharing group had a pot-luck dinner to celebrate the end of our Lenten journey together. We were each to bring a dinner and dessert item to share. The kiddos helped with making the chocolate chip cookies to share with their friends. :-)
Lisa's Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/4 cup shortening
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla (I increase it to two)
1 egg
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
3/4 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup coconut (optional)
1/2 cup chocolate chips
Cream shortening, butter and sugars. Mix in egg and vanilla. Mix well. Stir in dry ingredients, then oatmeal, then coconut and chips. Place teaspoon size balls on greased baking pan and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.

12 comments:
These sound delicious!! Hope you have a wonderful week! ;)
Lisa, these look yummy, too! You should write an ebook for your recipes!
Hi Lisa,
I love chocolate chip cookies!:) Thanks for sharing this recipe. I am happy to link up again this week. Have a good Tuesday.
Judy
Looking good - again! Linking up with you at Kids in the Kitchen!
These look good! I love making cookies! And even "I" like oatmeal cookies. :) Happy Tuesday Lisa.
These cookies sound yummy, I like the addition of coconut!
Yum!! I really need to get back to baking :)
These look great! Definitely going to save this recipe:)
Chocolate chips and oatmeal -- definitely a winner in my recipe book! Going to pin it -- again!
Sorry I linked kind of late, but I did want to share.
Thanks for the opportunity! If we don't chat before Sunday, Happy Resurrection Day a little early!
--Michelle
Thank you for participating in Show Your Stuff Blog Hop, You are invited to come back:
http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/04/white-chocolate-tropical-dessert-show.html
Chocolate chip cookies are my favourite. I love your addition of coconut! Thanks for sharing at Scrumptious Sunday!
Rats! I gained weight just reading this recipe! Must try . . . :)
Thank you for sharing on NOBH!
Post a Comment