Thursday, April 12, 2012

Thankful Thursday- April 12

I really look forward to the "Thankful Thursday" posts.  It always puts things into perspective when you realize just how much for which we have to be grateful.  At dinner last night, two of my kids were "fighting" over a placemat.  I have pretty Easter placemats out and my 10 year old son didn't want the one with pink, he wanted the one with blue on it.  ugh.  Before I started in on the "how about the children who don't have placemats, tables or food" talk, I let them try to work it out and stood back a moment.  And it was worked out.  And I was thankful.  Thankful that they had the skills to work it out and just 5 minutes later were playing a fun dinner version of "whisper down the lane."  I love how they held no grudges, forgot all "ills" and were best friends again within minutes.  We all laughed at the results of the game. Enjoying a fun meal with one's children is definitely something to be thankful for.

I am also very grateful for the past week, for a meaningful Holy Week and Easter at church and with family.  I wrote a bit more about it here.

I am also grateful for a wonderful day out with my kiddos yesterday.  We had so much fun.  They even got me down a monster moon bounce!  Here is the post about it. 

I am joining Theresa today for her "Thankful Thursday" linkup.  It is always inspiring to read everyone's "lists."  We all have so much for which to be thankful, and many times, just like squabbles over placemats, they can be too easily overlooked.  :-)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally agree with you! I'm learning to step back and see if my girls can talk it out - and they can, without holding grudges. I am very thankful for that!!

Lisa said...

I look forward to these posts every week as well!

I have a tendency to step in too quickly when my kids are at each other. This was a good reminder to stand back and watch.

Unknown said...

Wonderful post Lisa! Even when we face challenges in life we can find things to be thankful for. Take care and enjoy the rest of your day.

Michelle @ Changed By The Maker said...

It takes such patience to let them work it out on their own. I find I am sometimes holding my breath while they settle a dispute. Mine will bicker one minute and be wrestling and giggling the next. You're right, something to be thankful for. Now I have to go read the post about you going down some bouncing thing! HA!

Nikki @ Simplystriving said...

Oh, I worry about not being able to do that. about knowing when I need to step back and when I need to intervene. Thankful I have some time to figure all that out and a friend like you I can talk about it with! :)

Anonymous said...

I have been trying to step back and let the girls solve their problems more and more these days...not always easy, but it is great when it works out without my intervention.

Now to look up "whisper down the lane"...

thank you for linking up!