Monday, April 23, 2012

Try a New Recipe Tuesday April 24th

It's that time again!  :-)  I am really looking forward to trying all of the recipes that are getting linked each week.  They all look delicious! 




As for my recipe this week, I am sharing my Vegetarian Chili recipe.  This is a pretty quick and easy recipe that goes over really well.  Even my "meat and potatoes" hubby really enjoys it!  :-)  Last week, I served it over egg noodles.  I have served it over rice, pasta, noodles, mashed potatoes or just by itself.

Lisa's Vegetarian Chili
1 19 oz. can black beans (I use organic or the ones I canned myself)
1 15 oz. can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 15 oz. can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
1 16 oz. can vegetarian baked beans
1 14.5 can chopped tomatoes in puree
1 15 oz. can corn, drained
1 onion chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 tbls. chili powder
1 tbls. dried parsley
1 tbls. dried oregano
1 tbls. dried basil



4-5 hours in crockpot on low
2 hours on high




Enjoy!  :-)

I can't wait to see what delicious recipes are linked up this week!




This post will be linked up with Kidz in the Kitchen, Judy H-J's Thoughts and Raising Mighty Arrows.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks yummy - I think it's going on our to try list. Do you need the garbanzo beans?

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa,
Your recipe has some great ingredients - healthy and delicious. Thanks for hosting. I have added my link. Have a wonderful Tuesday.
Judy

Unknown said...

happy tuesday Lisa :)

Unknown said...

congrats lisa!you won a premium pass to the homeschool how to conf! i need your email!

Karen said...

This looks delicious. I am trying to find more meatless recipes and this is similar to what I make now with meat. Thank you for this and for this great link up! I have gotten great recipes.

momto8 said...

that looks delicious!! and healthy!

Claire Justine said...

mmm sounds nice ,thanks for inviting me over,all linked up :)

Diane Stringam Tolley said...

Chili is my favourite meal! (next to pizza!) This sounds wonderful! Colourful. Different textures. Fabulous! Guess what we're having for dinner tonight?! Thank you for sharing your recipe on NOBH!

Chris said...

Lisa~
This looks yummy!!! Loving it. I'm making a list right now of the ing so I remember to pic them up!

Trouble is, when I put chili on in the crock pot to simmer all day, the fam eats it a little at a time throughout the day and by dinner time it's gone!
This looks like a winner. I know they'll enjoy it!

Thx Lisa for linking at the meatless lenten linky!!