I am thankful for so many things, too many to enumerate here, but something that really stood out to me this week was when my children took the initiative and each did something that needed to be done without being asked. For that, I was very grateful. Grateful not only that they were helping when needed, of course, but that they are learning to be attentive to other's needs.
Kiddo #1 grilled dinner
Kiddo #2 saw that the water was running low and went to get another case
Kiddo #3 was helping with wash and tidying up
Kiddo #4 was helping make dinner, as she does with lunch everyday
It warms this mama's heart to see that some of the life-lessons that we try to impart are taking hold and after actions like these, it makes any subsequent little behavior "mishaps" seem like nothing! lol :-)))
I am linking up today with Theresa at Red Oak Lane for her Thankful Thursday.
9 comments:
Oh I agree. When they take the initiative it is so wonderful. Look at your awesome kids. I just love capturing daily moments on camera don't you? :)
Isn't it wonderful when our kids actually initiate a task without being asked!! Yay for a wonderful evening :)
Oh I so agree, Lisa. I joined Thankful Thursday this week too, and wrote about something similar. What else is on a Mama's heart, after all, besides her children?? I love how you manage to get nice photos for all of your posts. I stink at photos.... Thanks for another encouraging post!
congrats to you!!! that warms my heart the most when kids to the right things with our being told. yea for that!!
we are phillies fans too.
What fantastic helpers you have!! Such a great job you are doing of raising them to be helpful and independent.
They are doing great :)
What great kids you have. Y'all have done something right. Congrats.
Kerry
Lisa,
Kids doing something without being asked is definitely something to celebrate!
Have a great week.
Jennifer Dougan
www.jenniferdougan.com
yay for helpful kids!!!
Post a Comment