I am writing this post early, as I do not want to be spending time on the computer on Good Friday, but have so much to share about our past week.
In my life/homeschool this week: On Friday, after our studies were completed (still amidst some sneezing and sniffling), we read an amazing book. It is called "The Very First Easter" by Paul L. Maier. I would HIGHLY recommend it. The illustrations, first of all, are absolutely stunning. The premise of the book is a young boy and his parents dyeing Easter eggs. He begins to ask his parents about the Easter story. They get out their Bible, have him read passages and answer every question he has along the way. The questions the young boy has are very typical ones that kids may ask, and his parents patiently answered each and every one, sometimes with the young boy reading from Scripture to find the answer, so it was very real and engrossing for my kiddos. I know this is going to be a classic in our house that we read again and again. Even my oldest asked to see it when we were done and wanted to look through it again. :-)
On Saturday night, we attended a Spring Fling BBQ at our church. It was a lot of fun-- good food and fellowship with friends. :-) During the day, Kiddo #4 helped her grandmother make baked eggplant.
You can read (and see more photos!) about that and other wonderful, little things for which I am grateful here.
On Sunday after church, we got ready for a pot-luck dinner, ending our Lenten Faith Sharing group. It was attended by 8 families (and all of our children!). More good food and friendship. :-) My husband made his trademark taco salad and I baked chocolate chip cookies. I posted the recipe here. Come take a look at all of the other delicious recipes that were linked up, as well.
On Monday, we continued with our Holy Heroes Lenten Adventure and our other studies. No music lessons or dissection class this week.
On Tuesday, Kiddos #3 and 4 worked on some contraction and homonym matching cards while their brothers were busy with their Pre-Algebra. :-)
Tuesday afternoon was our bowling league. 3 of the 4 kiddos broke 3 figures again! :-)
Wednesday, our last day of school before Easter vacation, we made a really wonderful craft for Holy Week.
You can read all about it and see more photos here.
On Thursday, we tidied up and prepared for Easter. I also made pizzelles. :-) There is still some coughing and sneezing (thus albuterol and other meds), but everyone is on the mend. :-) We will be spending a lot of the next few days in Church and getting ready to celebrate the Lord's Resurrection, so we used the day to get as ready as we could.
Holy Thursday evening, we were in church, celebrating the Lord's Last Supper. It was so beautiful that it brought me to tears.
I hope everyone has a very blessed and holy Easter!
Photo or Quote to share:
"It takes a mother to raise a child, not a village. Villages are for raising idiots."--unknown
"Give your child a single valuable idea, and you have done more for his education than if you had laid upon his mind the burden of bushels of information"--Charlotte Mason
Here is a photo of sweet, little Mittens trying to see what we were doing on the kitchen island. She climbed up the side of the step stool. :-)
I am linking up today with The Homeschool Mother's Journal and Weekly Wrap-Up. Come over and share about your week.
10 comments:
LOL That photo of Mitten is HILARIOUS! Just that expression...Too funny! Cats are so interesting, aren't they?
Thanks for the book review! It's ALWAYS good to know about a great book!
Fun week! (And now I'm craving TACO SALAD! LOL)
love your photos, as always :) wishing you and your family a very joyous Easter!
Looks like you did a lot of fun things to bring the holiday into your schooling.
Looks like a lovely week and hope everyone is well and you all enjoy a lovely Easter weekend!
I have always wanted to make pizzelles!
I wish you and your family a blessed Easter!
I have always wanted to make pizzelles!
I wish you and your family a blessed Easter!
love love love it! you do such good stuff with the kids :)Hope you have a blessed Easter friend!
What a great week Lisa! That book sounds really good. The fellowship at your church on Saturday and Sunday sounds really awesome.
I love the pizelle's although I have no clue what they are. They are beautiful and I am gonna google 'em. :)
Your kids are really excelling at bowling. You know, we like bowling bet rarely go. i just adore that picture of Mittens!
Hope your family has a Holy and wonderful Easter Lisa.
I'll have to check into that book. It looks really good! I always love reading about your family activities. Hope you have a wonderful week!
I love the wreath. Hope you had a wonderful Easter.
Janet
http://homeschoolblogger.com/wdworkman/
Post a Comment