In my life/homeschool this week: On Monday, Kiddo #4 was very excited to get back at her sewing class. The classes were cancelled for awhile because the shop had sustained serious damage from all of the floods we had here in PA. Monday afternoon also saw all 4 kiddos have their music lessons. Kiddos 2, 3 and 4 play piano and Kiddo 1 has taken up the guitar.
On Tuesday, we dug out a gift that one of the kiddos had gotten several years ago but never used. It is called "Geo Safari Laptop." There are quiz cards on anything from parts of speech to geography to history, and at all different grade levels. The kiddos really enjoyed using it! It is great that I see them now going to it and picking cards to do on their own. Gotta love an "educational" toy like that! :-)
Thursday morning had Kiddo #3 getting his birthday portraits taken (will hit double digits next month!) and continual work on U.S. geography. Saxon Math and Bible studies of course are included each day, as well. :-)
Friday is our "light" day. We are looking forward to getting ready to go down to Williamsburg for Thanksgiving next week. (Hopefully next week's post will be full of wonderful pics from down there!)
We have done Hershey the last few years, but because of everything that has been going on the last few weeks, I hadn't gotten the chance to make a reservation and when I phoned the other day, everything was completely booked! But, we are really looking forward to seeing Busch Gardens decorated for Christmas and to having an authentic Thanksgiving dinner on the Jamestown Settlement. We have several tours booked in Williamsburg. One of them will be having the kids make colonial ornaments and another will have them drilling with the militia! :-) We were so blessed that the military base down there had a vacancy! It makes things affordable (and doable!) for us when we can stay on a base, which is far cheaper than if we were to stay in a regular hotel. We are so grateful that this option is made available to servicemembers and their families! Because of this, we have been able to take our children on several getaways. :-)
Today is the last day in voting for your favorite blogs. If I could humbly ask for your support in the Favorite Homeschool Mom category and the Best Photos category. I would be most appreciative!
What I'm reading: I am continuing to read 1 John with "The Good Morning Girls" and the book of Proverbs with "The Mom's Toolbox."
A quote, verse or photo to share:



10 comments:
yay for sewing classes! My girls love their sewing lessons!
Sounds like a wonderful vacation planned. Can't wait to see pics.
I so wish we had a writing class available! I love to write, but I don't feel that I do well in actually *teaching* writing.
Your upcoming trip to Williamsburg for Thanksgiving sounds wonderful--I hope you'll post plenty of pictures! :-)
My kids LOVE making pizza! I love the quote!
How fun to go to Williamsburg!! I so want to take our crew there! And we are right next to Hershey. We are going to buzz up to Chocolate world today for a free field trip :)
I can't wait to see photos from your Thanksgiving celebration! My kids went down to that area 3 years ago with their grandparents and love all the historical sites! (We're history buffs!)
(Shh! My daughter is getting a really cool learn-to-sew book and my only used once sewing machine for Christmas She's been asking to have it for some time; she'll love it!)
It sounds like another good week. It may sound like a broken record, but it's good, and you'd hate to have to say something different right?
Blessings,
Annie Kate
http://anniekateshomeschoolreviews.com/
Such a great week. I love your quote, that is so true! I really get inspired by Jan Hunt.
Visiting from HMJ - thank you for visiting my post! You have a beautiful family and your doing so much just by being with them while they are so young. I've never been to Williamsburg and we're not too far from it. What a good idea to visit Williamsburg or Hershey during Thanksgiving time.
Did you make those pizza crusts homemade? They looked delicious. Also, so great that you can hit some of those historic sites over your Thanksgiving travel time!Such an excellent opportunity!
Post a Comment