Our morning started with the "Children's Christmas Tour" in Williamsburg. I was very impressed with the program. The kids were taken from station to station, preserving an orange,
making a colonial craft (a silhouette),
a Christmas ornament (clusters of fresh smelling pines and greenery),
got to listen to stories from people in character and play colonial games.
They really enjoyed it. We also had a chance to walk through the different buildings and to see the various tradespeople at work.
We went to Busch Gardens for a special buffet dinner and Christmas show. Kiddo #4 really enjoyed it. They made a fuss over her for her birthday and she was on cloud nine.
The park was decorated beautifully for Christmas, with one area that boasted more than 5 million lights. It really was breathtaking! I was so impressed that every worker (even the younger ones!) was pleasant and courteous and was always wishing everyone a Merry Christmas. Wow. How encouraging to see a park filled with the sounds of real carols and to have Nativity scenes as decorations. Love it!
Two rides really stood out-- one was the skyride. It was like a ski-lift, but so much better. It had multiple levels and really gave a beautiful view of the illuminated trees and decorations. We also liked the "Fly over Europe." Kind of like a "Soarin'"(Disney) ride, we were treated to a flight over all of the landmarks in Europe. With the wind blowing in your face and the seats moving all around, you truly felt like you were flying by the Eiffel Tower, the Roman Coliseum and more. I wish I was able to get the camera in my hand and photograph the joy on the kids faces while they we were "flying." :-)
A trip to Busch Gardens wouldn't be complete without the traditional photo with the magnificent Clydesdale horses.
or a photo in the stocks for "offenses" (they tried hard to look in character, lol!)
Happy Birthday to our precious angel
She said it was her "most awesome" birthday ever. I guess we did ok. :-)
12 comments:
Happy, happy birthday!
What a great day!! Looks like your daughter had a wonderful time!
I am glad that your daughter had such a wonderful 8th birthday and you all got to visit such wonderful places. The pictures are lovely and you and your family certainly had a fun time. Take care and I wish you a good week.
I don't know of any child who wouldn't love a Birthday like this. Look at all those Christmas lights, WOW!
A great day! I love this type of hand on learning. It's always the best. And, Happy Birthday to your daughter!
I had to go back and catch up on all of your vacation pictures! My boys would be thrilled to have that kind of field trip. As a matter of fact, so would I. Thanks for sharing!
Happy Birthday to your big 8 year old! I'm glad she had a great day! What a fun day too! It will be hard to top this one. Love all the fun and learning that went on to celebrate such a special day! :)
I used to love Busch Gardens when I lived in VA. I had no idea that they decorated the park for Christmas! Terrific!
Buon Natale! Love it!!!
I just love Colonial Williamsburg and wow--the Busch Gardens Christmas show looks awesome!!!
I will call you soon!
We were at Busch Gardens on Sunday. Would have been funny if we had been there at the same time & actually recognized each other :)
Oh, your vacation is driving me crazy. I am going to make it there one day, Lord's willing.I know you guys have had a blast.
Happy birthday to the little miss 8 year old.
Williamsburg is awesome! I have been meaning to take my kiddos. Looks like you guys had so much learning fun!
Post a Comment