Monday, November 21, 2011

Flashback: Kiddo #2's Confirmation

On November 9th, our sweet Kiddo #2 made his Confirmation. 

For my non-Catholic friends, our Confirmations are a very special time for our young people.  They stand up, of their own free will, and declare that Jesus is their Lord and Savior.  They publicly proclaim their belief in Him and ask that, through the hands of the Bishop, that the Holy Spirit will come upon them.  They become "Soldiers for Christ!"  We are so proud of him! 

It was absolutely beautiful.  We had a wonderful time with our family and friends afterwards, enjoying good food and each other's company.  What a blessing!




We were also very blessed that my dad, who is a deacon in the church, was able to participate, in addition to our very dear friend who is a priest.  Kiddo #1 also assisted as an altar server.  We are so proud of him, as well, wanting to have a part in his brother's special day!




May God continue to bless all of our young people and may the Holy Spirit enkindle in them the fire of His love!

Prayer to the Holy Spirit (by St. Augustine)
Breathe in me, O Holy Spirit,
that my thoughts may all be holy
Act in me, O Holy Spirit,
that my work, too, may be holy
Draw my heart, O Holy Spirit, that I love but what is holy
Strengthen me, O Holy Spirit,
to defend all this is holy
Guard me then, O Holy Spirit,
that I always may be holy.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

What wonderful memories of a special time!!

Rebecca said...

Thank you for sharing that memory! Thought about you today....and prayed you were doing well!

Theresa said...

I was raised Catholic. I love all of the rituals and traditions of the Catholic church. My husband was raised without any religion. The girls were baptized in a Catholic church. but as they got older, I wanted Jason to come to church with us...so we ended up joining the Presbyterian church because it was sort of a compromise, they follow the Lectionary and there is a lot of similarity. Now that the girls are getting older, I see that Sunday school was just not the same as a Catechism.

Seeing your son's Confirmation photos reminds me of my Confirmation. The rumor in my Catholic school was that the Bishop slaps you across the face and I was so afraid of that! i braced and really, it was like a touch on the cheek! lol. I am so relieved.