Monday, September 23, 2013

Make your own Taco Seasoning

This is simple, yet SO much healthier than the store bought varieties with MSG and other chemical additives. And it tastes great, too!  :-)


Taco Seasoning
1/2 cup chili powder
1/4 cup onion powder
1/8 cup ground cumin
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon sea salt

Put ingredients in a small mason jar and shake well.  4 tablespoons equal one packet of the store bought variety.  After you brown and drain your beef, add the seasoning and 3/4 cup of water.  Stir well.  Bring to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes.

Enjoy your tacos!


Linking up with the Gathering SpotKids in the Kitchen, Tasty TuesdayTempt my Tummy TuesdayDomestically Divine Tuesday, Raising Mighty Arrows,Addicted to RecipesHomemaking Wednesdays, Living Well Wednesday,NOBH, Judy H-J's ThoughtsWisdom Wednesday , Favorite ThingsModest MomFull Plate Thursday and Melt in your Mouth Monday and Show Off Friday and Tuesday's Table and Look What We Did and Titus 2sday Mom's Monday MingleMonday MingleCrafty SpicesBetter Mom,Create with JoyThursday's TreasuresTasty Thursdays and Wonderful Food Wednesday and Mondays with Countrified Hicks and Tuesday How to Party and the Tried and True Recipe Party and Kids and Mom in the Kitchen and Family Fun Friday and Clever Chicks Blog Hop andAll My Bloggy Friends and Hearts for Home Blog Hop and Foodie Friends Friday and Family Fun Friday and TGIF Linky Party and Food on Friday andHip Homeschool MomsA Wise Woman Builds Her Home andGood Tastes Tuesday and Try a New Recipe Tuesday



Don't miss a thing! Subscribe to Home to 4 Kiddos by Email and get our posts sent right to your inbox!

9 comments:

Chris Tilley said...

I make my own taco spice as well. Yours is hotter and mine has corn starch as a thickener. I also only make enough for one meal at a time.

http://www.talesofahousehusband.com/2011/03/25/taco-night/

Scarlett @Scarletts Excellent Adventures said...

Saw you on Tuesday's Table. I'm MSG sensitive, so am always looking for a good taco seasoning that I can easily make. Thank you for sharing!

Winnie said...

Thanks Lisa !!
I like this recipe and I hope to try it SOON

Unknown said...

I have never had Taco! Now I want to try it. Looks so delicious. Have a good Tuesday Lisa.

grtlyblesd said...

Pinned this! I've been wanting to make my own because we go through a ton of it here! We get ours in the big costco containers and we go through them quickly.

Unknown said...

Lisa thanks for this taco seasoning recipe! Taco seasoning is not cheap here in England so this is so helpful.

TaMara Sloan said...

I recently started making my own taco seasoning also. So much better for my family! Thanks for sharing at Food on Friday!

Miz Helen said...

Hope you have a great week and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen

Unknown said...

I will have to remember this, pinning to the Good Tastes Tuesday board! Thanks for linking up!