It has been a good and busy week at the Home to 4 Kiddos. Early in the week, the kiddos were getting all of their work done in anticipation of us leaving on Thursday for a long weekend in Bethany Beach, DE. I am proud of Kiddos 1 and 2 who got done a week's worth of Algebra assignments in just a few days so I could scan them in to their teacher before we left. :-)
My favorite thing this week? Apps! I discovered apps. My parents got me a Kindle Fire HD for my birthday (long story- but it is getting exchanged for the brand new one that has just come out), and I found a lot of apps that were fun for me and the kiddos including Learning Italian, Flight Simulators, Basketball and Animal puzzles (boy, are they difficult!). Ok, we did play some educational ones, lol, including States and Capitals Matching Game, American History Quiz and the Oregon Trail. And the best thing is that every one I downloaded was FREE!
Thursday afternoon, we headed down to Bethany Beach. Kiddos 2, 3,4 and I were in one car. Kiddo #1 and hubby followed behind a few hours later, as Kiddo #1 was flying with his RC club and Civil Air Patrol on Thursday evening.
After we unpacked, we headed to the dock and beach that are here on the base. It is literally a minute or two walk from our "home."
Friday was such a busy day! I will write a separate post elaborating all about it, (stay tuned) but will give just an overview. :-) We first visited the Bethany Beach Nature Center. What an amazing little treasure right in the heart of downtown. It has a lovely indoor learning area as well as acres of trails. The kiddos were given nets to be able to look more closely at different creatures as well as a scavenger hunt checklist to work on.
We had a nice lunch at a nearby restaurant, played in their arcade and headed to the beach/boardwalk area. Of course, we had to indulge in some delicious treats from Candy Kitchen. :-)
After strolling on the boardwalk a bit, the kiddos (minus Kiddo 1, as he and hubby headed to the evening's NASCAR festivities) asked if we could walk on the beach. You just have to love spontaneity! Clothes and all, all 3 of them jumped in the ocean. We did more laughing and had so much fun. Sometimes, you just have to roll with the punches and enjoy and cherish every moment in life, the crazy ones and all; because sometimes they can become the most beautiful memories of all. :-)
(they ended up getting pretty soaked, but they each have told me that it was the "best day ever." Makes it all worth it!)
Our evening ended with a round of miniature golf
My posts this week:
Make your own Taco Seasoning (a good and healthy recipe!)
Try a New Recipe Tuesday linkup
Review of VideoText Algebra
Cherry Crest Adventure Farm
Hearts for Home Blog Hop
Field Trip Friday blog hop
What we are looking forward to in the next few days:
More exploring of the Bethany Beach DE/Ocean City, MD area
Going to visit Assateague Island
Visiting the Dover AFB museum
and lots more spontaneous adventures! :-)
I hope you have a wonderful weekend! God bless!
Linking up today with: Homeschool Mother's Journal, Weekly Wrap-Up, NOBH, Show-Off Friday, Learn and Link and It's a Wrap, Friendship Friday and Friday Connection and Family Fun Friday and T.G.I.F. Linky Party and Let's Homeschool High School
Don't miss a thing! Subscribe to Home to 4 Kiddos by Email and get our posts sent right to your inbox!
7 comments:
Aww, what a fun time! Fun moments like jumping in the ocean and laughing will are the most meaningful!
Take care,
Stacie
I have an iPad, and I knew I didn't want to fill it up with games. But the educational apps sound great! Thanks for the idea, Lisa. Even though I don't always leave a comment, I enjoy hearing about your week and seeing how happy your children are.
Lisa,
You said..."Sometimes, you just have to roll with the punches and enjoy and cherish every moment in life, the crazy ones and all; because sometimes they can become the most beautiful memories of all. :-)" That is so true! Sounds like you had a wonderful time at that beautiful beach.
What a fun fall getaway! I don't have a Kindle or Ipad yet, but I am really getting temped to put one on my Christmas list!
Looks like a great time! I can't wait to see your adventures for next week!
It looks like you have had a fun week! I will read your review of Video Text Algebra, too. We are not ready for it, yet, but I have heard of it and would like to find out more info. Just stopping by from THMJ!
Great WWU. I was hit by the stomach bug on Fri in mid afternoon and couldn't finish mine....So next week will just have to be a two week review!
Thx for sharing!
xoxox
Post a Comment