Friday, September 20, 2013
Homeschool Mother's Journal/Weekly Wrap-Up September 21
In our homeschool this week:
What a busy, yet fun-filled and wonderful week it has been! :-)
Sunday, a family with whom we have become friends, invited us over to watch our football team's home opener. They have a lovely home and are just the best people. We all had a great time. The photo below shows the dads and sons all playing football themselves during halftime.
Monday was a pretty uneventful day, with the kiddos working on different subjects. Kiddo #3 in the photo below is working on a game where the player decides which "to, two, too" to use in each sentence. Kiddos 1 and 2 had their English and Algebra online classes.
Tuesday was my birthday and was a great day! It started with being treated to a delicious takeout breakfast by my parents. Kiddo #4 made me a skirt in sewing class to match her own! I was happy to wear it for the day. :-) The Kiddos, some very dear friends (the same that had us over on Sunday) and I then headed to the Sights and Sounds Theatre in Lancaster, PA for their production of "Noah."
Before the show, we had our own little picnic lunch on the theatre grounds and my sweet and thoughtful friend then took out homemade cupcakes and sang to me for my birthday. Isn't she just wonderful? I was so surprised and touched by her kindness.
There are no words that would give the show the justice it would deserve. It was such a powerful and touching performance. The sets were mind-boggling and the animals added a beautiful touch.
The day ended with me being spoiled with nice gifts and my odd choice of a birthday dinner: Make your own ice cream sundaes! Hey, you're only 45 once, right? :-)
On Wednesday, we had our first day of co-op. I wasn't sure what to expect, being brand new and not knowing anyone. My children and I were all a bit apprehensive. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming and the kids felt comfortable and really enjoyed themselves. They had art, music, gym and religion classes, in addition to lunch and recess. I helped out as an "assistant" in various rooms. Much relief here, that's for sure. :-) And, we are all looking forward to next week.
Thursday was another relatively uneventful day, trying to get lots of schoolwork done, since we were definitely not "home" schoolers this week, lol. I did have to share Kiddo #4 working on her newest creations, her Rainbow Loom bracelets. She has mastered all of the "beginner" styles and took it upon herself to view videos to learn how to make the intermediate styles. They are NOT easy, let me tell you.
On Friday, we headed to Cherry Crest Adventure Farm for the last day of their homeschool week. Wow. What an amazing place! When they say that there are 50+ activities for kids to do and enjoy, they aren't kidding! And, of course, there is the 5 acre corn maze. Yes, 5 acres! :-) I am going to write a whole post on the trip in a few days, so stay tuned, but I couldn't write of our week without including it even a little.
Hubby is actually off from work on Saturday (that is VERY rare. In fact, it probably only happens a couple of times a year), so we are planning a surprise for the kiddos. I can't divulge anything else since they are my most devoted readers, but I will definitely write about it (and share photos) in the next few days.
My posts this week:
Try a New Recipe Tuesday (there are a lot of wonderful recipes shared. come take a look!)
Hearts for Home Blog Hop (there are always inspiring and creative posts shared)
Field Trip Friday Blog Hop (wonderful memories are being made. lots of field trips shared)
My Review of PeopleKeys
What we are looking forward to next week:
Bethany Beach. Kiddo #1 and Hubby attend the NASCAR race and the other kiddos and I enjoy the area and do some sightseeing. :-)
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! God bless! :-)
Linking up today with: Homeschool Mother's Journal, Weekly Wrap-Up, NOBH, Show-Off Friday, Learn and Link and It's a Wrap, Friendship Friday and Friday Connection and Family Fun Friday and T.G.I.F. Linky Party and Let's Homeschool High School
Don't miss a thing! Subscribe to Home to 4 Kiddos by Email and get our posts sent right to your inbox!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Love your week in review!
And again, happy birthday! Well, the reason your friends and family outdid themselves for you is because YOU are someone very special!! It shows and they want to celebrate you! What a perfect day it looked like!
Getting my journal/daybook finalized and will post tmrw most likely....
enjoy the weekend. Can NOT wait to hear about the surprise that is in store for the kids!
Love ya
xoxoxoxox
What a great week and Happy Birthday again!
What a great week and Happy Birthday again!
What a great week and Happy Birthday again!
Love, love, LOVE Cherry Acres!!
Happy Birthday Lisa! I loved reading about all your lovely birthday treats. Your daughter is so clever and thoughtful making the skirt for you! :-)
I hope you have a wonderful family Saturday.
Lucinda
What a fabulous week! Perhaps one day I'll look into a co-op, sounds great to connect with other homeschoolers. Your NOAH reminds me how much I want to go see The Creation Museum and see how far they are in building the life-sized ark! Blessings!
Happy Birthday!!!!!! I love the skirts. I can totally see my girls doing that for me someday<3 And, icecream sundaes for dinner YES!!!!
Happy birthday! What a lovely, fun-filled week. I love the matching skirts!
I've missed seeing your great pictures Lisa. Happy Happy Birthday late and that skirt is adorable. She is so talented at sewing. Sounds like such a special day. Aren't girls wonderful? I am so glad you liked Co-op. I love ours! I hope it continues to be a blessing to you all year. Have a wonderful week!
Post a Comment