Monday was Labor Day. It rained early on, so Kiddo #4 threw a dance party. :-) The weather cleared up in enough time for the kids to catch a swim. We still had a BBQ even though it was getting dark. :-)
Tuesday was definitely a needed teacher's inservice day for this mom, as I had much to organize and get ready since were on vacation until just a few days ago. I thank Tracy from "A Slice of Smith Life" for her guest post on "Try a New Recipe Tuesday" this week. Her Green Chocolate Smoothie looked good. There were also a lot of other recipes shared. Come check them out and link one up yourself, if you'd like. It will be open until Monday night.
Our first day of school was Wednesday. As I wrote about here, we had a great first day, complete with an IHOP breakfast and some special first day photos.
We have eased into our subjects, and will add more in next week, as Kiddos 1 and 2 will start their online classes in Algebra II, Apologetics and English.
On Wednesday, I posted about our visit last week to the Cape May County Zoo. What a wonderful visit. We actually got to see a bison calf that was born only hours before stand for the first time. We were able to get some wonderful photos. You can see them all here.
Kiddos 2, 3 and 4 started lessons with a new piano teacher on Thursday. She is extraordinarily gifted and has a wonderful personality and worked well with them. I look forward to the kiddos progressing under her tutelage. Also on Thursday, classes started at church. I am teaching 6th grade this year. Kiddo #3 is actually in my class, lol, and Kiddo #4 has an amazing teacher this year. I am so happy about it. Kiddos 1 and 2 are volunteers and were very busy delivering books, workbooks, etc. to every class and collecting attendance and other paperwork. I am proud of them! :-)
Also on Thursday, it was my first week to be co-host of the "Hearts for Home" blog hop! :-) You can see and join the party here.
Yay! We had a great first 3 days of school!
Linking up today with: Homeschool Mother's Journal, Weekly Wrap-Up, NOBH, Show-Off Friday, Learn and Link and It's a Wrap, Friendship Friday and Friday Connection and Family Fun Friday and T.G.I.F. Linky Party and Let's Homeschool High School
Don't miss a thing! Subscribe to Home to 4 Kiddos by Email and get our posts sent right to your inbox!


7 comments:
I am a former public school and private school teacher so I LOVED it when you said you needed a Teacher Inservice day. :)
I think all of who homeschool our kids could definitely use an inservice day.
I did want to invite you to link your blog up with Let's Homeschool High School's September Blog Hop. The theme this month is "Back to School".
Joyfully,
Jackie
Let's Homeschool High School Team Member
Oops! I forgot to leave the link-up URL.
http://letshomeschoolhighschool.com/blog/2013/09/03/homeschool-high-school-september-blog-hop/
It's a great way to gain new readers and read other blogs for good tips and encouragement.
Joyfully,
Jackie
Let's Homeschool High School Team Member
Glad to hear that everything is going well with the start of your homeschool year! Those are such cute pictures of your kids holding their grade level signs. I love that your kids are taking apologetics. Young people need to learn to defend their faith. Continue having a great school year!
Looks like a great start to a new school year!
Looks like you had a great start to the school year! Wishing you many more successful days, weeks and months ahead! Jen @ Home Is Where They Send Us
Lovely pictures Lisa. It is good to stop by and see how you are all doing as I have been away from blogging for almost 2 weeks due to ill health. My best wishes to your children as they proceed into a new school term.
Love your first day pictures with the grades for each student. My kids didn't cooperate with me for first day pictures this year.
Post a Comment